What's new

Buying a 5s from Apple Store

hikarson

Reaction score
When you purchase an iPhone from the Apple store, do they have to set it up for you?

Or can you just buy the phone and walk out with it unopened and set it up myself when I get home?

This may be a stupid question, but I've always ordered my iPhone's online and never in the store. I just really want a 5s on launch day!

Thanks so much!

I guess you could, but why.. It is their job to make sure the system is right and it is free, so again why

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

If I remember my process correctly, if you buy the phone on a carrier plan, it has to be set up in the Apple store (they won't let you buy it without activating it ... Domitian must be opened). However, if you buy it factory unlocked, then you can have it tossed in the bag and you walk out the door. Do note that unlocked phones do not come with a SIM card.

At least, that's what I did with my 5 (although I had to open in a few stores down in the AT&T store when I got a SIM card).

Marilyn

Yes Apple store does help you set up the phone and will answer your queries as well it is much like any other electronics store.

they also give you a free lesson if you want so you can sit and setup and transfer anything over from older devices

Yes Apple store does help you set up the phone and will answer your queries as well it is much like any other electronics store.

Yes other stores do....but most of the SALES people there are just that. All of the apple techies actually know some,thing, at least the ones I have dealt with

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Related question: From your experience, how many weeks after the release of a new iPhone model can I walk into a US store and be sure that they have them in stock?

They are happy to set it up for you in the store or you can just take it home. You can order online or from the Apple Store App and then they will have it ready for you to pick up. I bought my 4S Factory Unlocked from the Apple store last year. When you order from the App Store it is really easy and they have it ready for you.
When you purchase an iPhone from the Apple store, do they have to set it up for you?

Or can you just buy the phone and walk out with it unopened and set it up myself when I get home?

This may be a stupid question, but I've always ordered my iPhone's online and never in the store. I just really want a 5s on launch day!

Thanks so much!

they also give you a free lesson if you want so you can sit and setup and transfer anything over from older devices

Ohh nice you can also back it up and restore from back up how do you like iOS 7 so far??

I remember last year the lines at the apple store were crazy I am just gonna go to my carrier instead that's how I got lucky last year with the iphone 5 it probably will sell out and this year they didn't let you pre order which sucks

You can simply buy the phone and walk out. I set my phone up in the store to use their wifi since I had an hour commute back home

OK, let me rephrase the question. If I'm in the US the second last week of October, will there most likely be no problem getting any iPhone model in any Apple store?

The phone is estimated to be back in heavy re supply in 3 weeks from now.. As of now. Sold out at stores, carriers,,everywhere. Glad I got mine on Friday morning!!