What's new

Where'd the installed apps go after I restored my iphone 5s?

dniemeye

Reaction score
I backed up my iphone4s to my computer's itunes after I upgraded the old 4s phone to the newest IOS7 and the computer to the newest itunes. Did that just a day or two ago. Bought an iphone 5s today, like it but I don't see ANY of my apps that I bought or got for free from the app store. NONE. Nothing. I go to itunes and the app store both on the computer and on the phone, and I look for purchased apps, nothing. I don't want to pay for any of them again.... HELP!!! When I got my 4s replaced with another 4s a year ago due to minor problems, the restoration from the itunes (or cloud) restored all the apps, all the documents, all the settings no problem. Was looking forward to an easy changeover to the 5s. HHHEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!

Did you set the phone up as new or did you restore from back up? I restored from back up in itunes and all my apps transfered fine.

Did you log in to the new iTunes so that it knows your account. Once you do that you can tell it to download everything you have ever purchased.
Then connect your new iPhone to itunes and pick the apps you want it to put on it.

Just to click on App Store icon and click on Purchased. Your purchased apps would have a cloud symbol, just clock on the cloud symbol and it will transfer it to your phone.

Yes I did restore and yes I did log in to the new iTunes several times to no avail. Finally figured it out this morning I just shut down the phone again and restarted it and in the App Store area "not on this phone " there they were for the first time. About 30 of them with little clouds on each icon. Got to reinstall all with one touch on each and I'm all happy again. Thanks for all the responses today. Sorry for not getting back till now. Been outta contact. Cheers!!!!