What's new

Buggy as hell

RavenTBK

Reaction score
This is a totally newbie question I am sure, but I wanted to ask here, rather than relying on google results that arent quite what I am looking for.

Basically, my 4S has gotten buggy... from installing, trying, uninstalling tweaks and apps. Things crash for no apparent reason. CrashReporter never finds any culprits. *shrugs* Everything from Springboard to the BT audio stack dies, at random times.

Here's the question: Whats steps must I undertake to restore to a clean, post-jailbroken state?

With Android, it was as simple as doing a wipe in settings, as the "jailbreaking" occured at the system level. So doing a wipe would leave you with a clean rooted device should you install a nefarious app that killed the reliability of your handset.

I'm not wanting to screw anything up, so I wanted to ask before I began fiddling with things. I simply want to be taken back to where I was after I ran Absinthe the first time. Wiped, fresh, rooted. That way I can simply install the apps/tweaks I am comfortable with, versus having all these remnants of previous failed tweaks causing reliability issues.

You have to first restore the phone to a stock factory firmware, and then re-jailbreak. Restoring will wipe everything including jailbreak data.

Plug in to computer open iTunes. Then restore from back up or restore to factory default…

You should be good to go to jailbreak ounce again….