What's new

Broken iPhone camera (my fault)

LCJM

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im just going to be honest and say that I messed up my iphone camera.

I was online shopping and found a gold plate bezel to replace the existing silver trim, I work with electronics on a daily basis and figured I could pretty easily change the bezel on my own. After a few hours and lots of little screws I did manage to get the bezel changed.

Upon testing my iPhone, everything worked like the top button, the home button, the volume and mute buttons. HOWEVER, one thing that didnt work, the camera. I tried googling the problem and all I got was people complaining about the 4.1 software problems. I REALLY dont know what to do aside from replacing the camera module and seeing if that works but Im not sure if it would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I realize hindsight is 20/20 and if I had to do it again, I would have gone to those guys who tear phones apart and replace digitizers and LCD's for people.

i think you should take it to a repair store if you do not want to mess it up more. It will cost you some money but you will have a good service with a guaranty.