What's new

iPhone 4, front camera shutter always closed, is there a soluition?

adamt

Reaction score
I have had this probem for the last few weeks,

the rear camera works fine, but when i select the front camera the shutter remains closed and never opens.

i have restored, set up as new iphone and updated the sftware, b ut the front camera shutter doesnt open and remains closed,
i have read online of others having this problem and some suggesst changing the camera,

which i got some to do, yet the same fault remains,

is this a software fault which will be resolved in later updates or does anyomne know how to fix this?

many thanks

the rear camera works fine, but when i select the front camera the shutter remains closed and never opens.

i have restored, set up as new iphone and updated the sftware, b ut the front camera shutter doesnt open and remains closed,
i have read online of others having this problem and some suggesst changing the camera,

is this a software fault which will be resolved in later updates or does anyomne know how to fix this?

many thanks
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

many thanks

try downloading a camera app and opening the front facing camera in the app you downloaded

tortelliniguy said:
try downloading a camera app and opening the front facing camera in the app you downloaded

Plus one.

If that doesn't work, take the phone to Apple and let them check it for a hardware defect.
Your 4S should still be under warranty.