What's new

New iPhone 4, a few issues.

XiXLloyd

Reaction score
Hi, if this is in the wrong place I apologise. I've just been given an iPhone 4 by someone, and was told it had some issues. These are:

1)The camera doesn't work. The lens doesn't seem to open, and it just shows a shutter on the screen. The flash also doesn't seem to work (I've tried torch apps). I've tried the camera with various apps, QR readers etc and none of them work. I can't seem to get the front camera to work either.

2)The WiFi seems to drop out all the time. If the phone is sat still in a certain place it will stay on, but if the phone is moving around it always disconnects or won't connect (Says unable to join). To get it to join, I have to try to connect multiple times.

I have tried restoring software, resetting, everything suggested for these problems.

Could these issues be related (loose cabled, hardware issue?)
Is it worth getting a camera bits off Ebay for cheap and swapping out the camera hardware?

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks!

I should add it isn't brand new but about a year/18 months old so taking it back to Apple is not available (is it?)

Last edited:
Sounds like a fair few issues and given the age of the phone not sure if it's worth bothering with...

Apple will not touch it warranty wise and unless you have apple care on it then it's all a cost to you to repair it,not sure if it's worth it.

Btw: G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!! :)

f99f7685.png