What's new

iPhone 4s notification alert issues

djwill13

Reaction score
I'm hoping maybe someone here can help me out with an issue I'm having. Ever since updating to 6.0, I've noticed that I'm not receiving all my text message alert notifications. It's weird, because. If I get a text message, I'll get an alert. If I press the sleep button to exit the text and lock my screen, I won't get them. No vibrate, no alert notification, no nothing.

No big deal right? Just remember to back out completely from the text message screen and then use the home button. Doesn't always work either. This isn't a huge issue per se' considering I check my phone constantly anyway, but it is bothersome and extremely annoying.

I've tried resetting, hard reset, I've even tried an all out restore. Nothing seems to fix the issue. I thought maybe 6.1 would fix it, but that's a negative. Anybody have any advice or anything I could/should try, or should I go to the Apple store?

djwill13 said:
I'm hoping maybe someone here can help me out with an issue I'm having. Ever since updating to 6.0, I've noticed that I'm not receiving all my text message alert notifications. It's weird, because. If I get a text message, I'll get an alert. If I press the sleep button to exit the text and lock my screen, I won't get them. No vibrate, no alert notification, no nothing.

No big deal right? Just remember to back out completely from the text message screen and then use the home button. Doesn't always work either. This isn't a huge issue per se' considering I check my phone constantly anyway, but it is bothersome and extremely annoying.

I've tried resetting, hard reset, I've even tried an all out restore. Nothing seems to fix the issue. I thought maybe 6.1 would fix it, but that's a negative. Anybody have any advice or anything I could/should try, or should I go to the Apple store?

u didn't jailbreak, did u??!
coz jailbreak causes these problems, with official Apple services i.e iMessage, Facetime and Push Notifications!
if not then i would suggest you do a DFU mode restore... n set up as new... iOS installed that way is mostly bug free...
All the best! :)

Ahson said:
u didn't jailbreak, did u??!
coz jailbreak causes these problems, with official Apple services i.e iMessage, Facetime and Push Notifications!
if not then i would suggest you do a DFU mode restore... n set up as new... iOS installed that way is mostly bug free...
All the best! :)

There is no 4S jailbreak for iOS 6.x yet

i don't always get alerts either,at first it was just iMessage now its sms too,as its been said hopefully an update will fix it.

I sometimes get alerts for incoming texts, sometimes not. And I can't seem to see any pattern for when the alert goes off and when it doesn't. Brand new texts seem to activate the alert. It's the ones that are replys to one of my texts that seem to be the spotty ones.

Al