What's new

Bricked my phone while jailbroken by hitting erase all content and settings

Hallo..Try two hard resets,one after another..It worked for me..[emoji6][emoji6]

DFU mode is tricky and you've got to get the timing down. May I suggest you use a timer to get that initial 10 seconds down.

If you cannot get the phone into DFU mode, then you have a hardware problem.

Marilyn
The main problem is, my phones battery is dead and the boot loop kills it so it turns on everytime at 4% then the loop brings it back down and it repeats I cant manually turn it on.

So u said it charges? Can u put it in dfu mode while plugged in so its recieving power?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

So u said it charges? Can u put it in dfu mode while plugged in so its recieving power?

It doesn't charge correctly. The boot loop drains the battery faster than the charge. I've tried DFU more than 20 times..

Okay, I got it into dfu. What I did is I force shut it off 2 seconds after the loop and it charged. 3 mins left on the ipsw..I'll let you know what happens.

I fixed it, can not explain the excitement.I'm extremely glad I didn't need to spend $500 on a new phone.This forum is a 10/10, I would highly recommend it. Will tell my friends about this site, especially how patient and friendly you guys are.

I'm glad you got your phone working again. It's always nice to hear about the success stories.

Does it hurt to jailbreak the iPhone 6 in any other way than voiding the warranty. Couple of my friends did a jailbreak on their iPhones and they claim it does not hurt the iPhone in any way. Should I believe them???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does it hurt to jailbreak the iPhone 6 in any other way than voiding the warranty. Couple of my friends did a jailbreak on their iPhones and they claim it does not hurt the iPhone in any way. Should I believe them???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using a jailbreak to change basic things in iOS without understanding the consequences is the main source of jailbreak problems. This usually results in having to restore the phone and losing the jailbreak.

As long as you only obtain your tweaks, themes and apps from reputable sources and make no changes to the iOS without knowing exactly what will happen as a result, you should have no problems. If you're not sure about the proper procedure for anything jailbreak related, please ask first. We have an active hacking forum where you can go for help before and after having problems.

What jailbreak method did u use? I did this once on a 5s pangu jailbreak (reset settings erase content) but never caused such a boot loop although it did give me quite a bit of trouble trying to get restored via iTunes

What jailbreak method did u use? I did this once on a 5s pangu jailbreak (reset settings erase content) but never caused such a boot loop although it did give me quite a bit of trouble trying to get restored via iTunes

It's never recommended to use the erase all content and settings. In almost every case it causes problems such as boot looping that can only be resolved by connecting to iTunes and using DFU mode to restore the iPhone.

I don't jailbreak myself but the only jailbreak available for iOS 8.1.2 is the Taig jailbreak.

Yeah I just wasn't sure if it was that or pangu on older iOS but when I done it it was completely accidental in which I basically forgot I was even jailbroke so obviously you don't erase all content and settings if your running jailbreak. Was just highlighting to poster I had previously made this mistake but didn't face same issue.