What's new

Need help, bricked iPhone after erasing all data

alphablue

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am in dire need of help. I was given an iPhone 3G as a hand me down, and it was a hacked one. It had a cydia app and everything. When it booted up, it had a little pineapple instead of an apple. So,i tried to erase the data on it, without knowing that it would brick it. Now my friend doesnt even know how to fix it :(

i tried holding down the top button and the home button to reset it, but it doesnt work. it just stays in that pineapple screen until runs out of battery.

Is all hope lost for this iPhone? Or is there something that can be done? Thanks alot everyone.

To my surprise Iphones can never become " bricked " only androids and Game Consoles : try plugging it into iTunes and see if it's recognized

iPhone 3G ( Black ) 3.1.3 BB 6:15:00

What you can do is : plug it into your computer , open iTunes , on your iPhone hold put your iPhone into DFU mode and see if iTunes recognized it

iPhone 3G ( Black ) 3.1.3 BB 6:15:00

So you brick your phone just because it was JB...

Just put it into DFU and then restore in itunes.. all will be well.

If it has the iPad baseband (6.15.00) you will need a custom firmware to be able to restore it in iTunes...

i had the exact same problem with my iphone 3gs .. i tryed booting into dfu mode and putting a different firmware and nothing happened so i took mine to the apple store and with some luck was still under warranty so they gave me a brand new one for free .. if not its about £119 to replace but alot of places buy them from people ..

Just wondering if there is any help for my iPhone, it seems as though the battery is not charging at all and I cannot turn the phone on at all, the only screen that is shown sometimes is the red battery.. Is there a way to somehow restart the phone, I have tried putting it into dfu mode and have also tried the power and home button method, neither made my phone turn back on and it is not recognized in iTunes so I cannot restore it... Is there any help?

The red battery icon with the little lighting bolt means your battery is completely flat. Have you tried a different charger...?

Yes have tried different chargers and they all can chafer my iPod, it was my brothers old phone but he got a new one because of this problem, he left this one sitting in the cupboard for a while and the other say he decided to charge it overnight and it turned on with the red sign.. Does this mean I just need to leave it for a while and then try to charge it again because I
Have been charging the phone non stop but it has done nothing, should I not charge it for a few days and then try again?

Some older iPod chargers are unable to charge the iPhone. Do you have the charger that came with it?

How long is a while? If the battery has been completely discharged for a long time it could be last it's ability to hold a charge...

No I don't have the original charger but I have chargers that charge other iPhones in the house. Do I need the original?

What kind of ilhone is it? I would recommend going to an apple store if there is one nearby and ask to try one of thier chargers.

Like i said i the battery has been left discharged for a long time it could be beyond charging...

It's a 3G, im getting the original charger back soon. Its been off charge for a while but then the phone was put in charge and it turned on so I'm hoping it charges again. Thanks for your help :)