What's new

Battey life fixed by itself on 4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never get a battery image on the left part of my screen. I have the battery on the upper right in the status bar.



iPhoneTibster said:
I never get a battery image on the left part of my screen. I have the battery on the upper right in the status bar.



I meant the right side. My bad

Okay, so just to clarify, let the phone die, charge the phone to 100%, then wait an extra 20 minutes and keep repeating until the battery drains slower?



iPhoneTibster said:
Okay, so just to clarify, let the phone die, charge the phone to 100%, then wait an extra 20 minutes and keep repeating until the battery drains slower?



Yeah. Let me be honest. This will take. A couple of charges. Yeah. Just do it.

Yeah I remember you said it'll take up to 10 or maybe even more charges. That's fine. :)



iPhoneTibster said:
Yeah I remember you said it'll take up to 10 or maybe even more charges. That's fine. :)



Yeah bud. Keep me posted.

Just a quick update: I took my phone off the charger at work at around 10:00PM, and it is now 1:22 AM and i'm at 18%. Just posting this so that I can go back and compare on my next go at trying to get more battery life out of my 4S. Most of my notifications except for weather, stocks, Facebook, and mail (which is on manual fetch) are turned off.



Just a quick update: I took my phone off the charger at work at around 10:00PM, and it is now 1:22 AM and i'm at 18%. Just posting this so that I can go back and compare on my next go at trying to get more battery life out of my 4S. Most of my notifications except for weather, stocks, Facebook, and mail (which is on manual fetch) are turned off.



Wow in 3 1/2 hours your phone dropped 82%?

Last time I got 4 hours 41 minutes of usage and standby but now I'm at 3 hours 34 usage and 3 hours 44 minutes standby.



Well I've got my iPod playing music in the background, I was listening to the world series on espn radio app earlier for about an hour maybe that's why?



iPhoneTibster said:
Last time I got 4 hours 41 minutes of usage and standby but now I'm at 3 hours 34 usage and 3 hours 44 minutes standby.



Ok. This is what you need to do. Run it down till it dies completely. Charge it back to 100%. But leave it one for an extra 20 minutes. Then go to your MacBook or computer. Restore your phone, set up has a new phone. Then manually add your email( don't use the computer to add email). Then sync all your apps..music, tv shows, contacts.
Turn iCloud off..
Then after that while your phone is connected to your MacBook. Hold the power button and home button for about ten seconds till it switches of and leave your phone. It will turn on itself.
Then iTunes will open back up then run down your phone again, but before it does check your usage and diagnostics and look for anything that's written crash. It will show you which apps are crashing. Those cause battery lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.