What's new

iPhone 4S Battery Life? - Screenshots

I just got a new iPhone 4s and i think the iPhone 4S has slightly better battery life than previous iPhones.

EWyatt said:
I think that anyone with a new iPhone can test out their batteries, and if not satisfied, they can return the phone within 30 days to the place of purchase or use the one-year warranty from Apple. That should be quite simple and resolve most battery issues.

Lol. It's like they hate me lol

That does not necessarily qualify as "conditioning" though. That just means that after a few charges, the battery will give a full charge. That's not conditioning because you're going to have to do that anyways. Nickel batteries need conditioning because they are memory-based and won't perform well without it. Don't believe everything you read, sir.

I do not want this to turn into a debate. Just stating facts and people need to get the idea of conditioning a li-ion battery out of their heads. One reason devices have these batteries now is because there is no condition period.
I know I'm new here but I have some professional experience with this issue and though the same "level" of conditioning (where an early NiCad batt wouldn't even work without conditioning) isn't required, iholophyte, newdestinyx and skull one are right on this issue. skull one gave an excellent explanation.

On the topic at hand my 4s battery life gets me thru the day and that's ok with me. :)

Last edited:
I don't understand why the battery is so bad on the iPhone. I heard all sorts of stories from users phones lasting two or more days when I had my droid, so I switched. I have to say that I have been really disappointed. When I had my droid, even though the battery life sucked, I had multiple batteries that I swap out. Today, I took my phone off charge at 7am and now at 1:20pm I'm at 43%. I guess you can only expect good battery life if you don't use the phone.

I got a 4s yesterday, and after almost 6 hours of heavy use ( connected to 3G, using maps, with location, taking a few photos, a few videos, constantly playing music, a few calls, several sms, etc) i got from 98% down to 18%. Is that normal?

Then when i got home, I fully charged it, and went to bed. So today I found it like this:

$016.jpg

for those that can't read spanish, its 18 mins of use, and almost 10 hours on stand by (3G was off, and wifi was off too as i turn my router off when i go to bed).

Also, version is 5.0.0. Is that normal? Should i update ( I'm planning to jailbreak as soon as it gets released)?

Thanks in advance.

I also have an iPhone 4 running 5.0.1 and the battery life is horrible.

I got a 4s yesterday, and after almost 6 hours of heavy use ( connected to 3G, using maps, with location, taking a few photos, a few videos, constantly playing music, a few calls, several sms, etc) i got from 98% down to 18%. Is that normal?

Then when i got home, I fully charged it, and went to bed. So today I found it like this:

View attachment 4277

for those that can't read spanish, its 18 mins of use, and almost 10 hours on stand by (3G was off, and wifi was off too as i turn my router off when i go to bed).

Also, version is 5.0.0. Is that normal? Should i update ( I'm planning to jailbreak as soon as it gets released)?

Thanks in advance.

I dont think thats normal you say you charged to 100% and went to bed and in the morning it had 18 min of usage and 8% bat drop my phone if i charged to 100% go to bed 9 hours later it will be at 98-99% with maybe 3 min usage. I dont know why yours is showing 18 min of usage over night and not being used something is wrong.

I dont think thats normal you say you charged to 100% and went to bed and in the morning it had 18 min of usage and 8% bat drop my phone if i charged to 100% go to bed 9 hours later it will be at 98-99% with maybe 3 min usage. I dont know why yours is showing 18 min of usage over night and not being used something is wrong.

I think i left location on by mistake, could that be cause of that?