What's new

iPhone 4S Battery Life? - Screenshots

I had iphone 4 with a quickly draining battery but then when apple upgraded their OS battery life almost doubled. Now I have same problem with my recently bought 4S. Battery life of 4S is almost half of 4 !!!! I am very very very very disappointed. Any inputs??

Apple did a test on mine and found it to be within the operating range they say. They did however discover my farmville app was always running. they said they were goning to contact the dev and see what they could do. They also mentioned my exchange email. Long story short, deleted farmville, and set my emails to fetch and my battery life is great. I can go all day without charging. Last night it was at 49% with 15 hour stand by and almost 5 hours of use. Give it a try you never know. I think the phones are so smart their like people and there isnt just one fix for all phones.

tazzclass said:
Apple did a test on mine and found it to be within the operating range they say. They did however discover my farmville app was always running. they said they were goning to contact the dev and see what they could do. They also mentioned my exchange email. Long story short, deleted farmville, and set my emails to fetch and my battery life is great. I can go all day without charging. Last night it was at 49% with 15 hour stand by and almost 5 hours of use. Give it a try you never know. I think the phones are so smart their like people and there isnt just one fix for all phones.

49% and 5 hours of usage!? Are you a wizard?

Yea, I don't know where to post my question since battery threads are shut down.
Is there anyway I can improve my battery as it sucks up power VERY easily.
They're working on a major battery life improving update in 5.1 at Apple. Sit tight.

I use the battery doctor app and get pretty good results from my battery most days. Today it still has 45 % after 12 hours of use. On heavier use days I still get about 8 hours if I have let it get a complete charge on this app.

mike824 said:
I use the battery doctor app and get pretty good results from my battery most days. Today it still has 45 % after 12 hours of use. On heavier use days I still get about 8 hours if I have let it get a complete charge on this app.

12 hours of standby*
No way in hell 12 hours of use is possible.

3 things, either you didn't read correctly, it's 12h in stand by, or you have recharged your iPhone since the last full charge or you did nothing on your other than playing musics using the iPod app which actually can run for about 40h from full battery charge to 0%
While playing the iPod, your stat will count it as usage time as well.
Figure out which one of the 3 it is, or post in your battery usage screenshot and I will tell you which on of the 3 it is.

Also, I wouldn't recommend buying these battery doctor apps. They are scams. All they do is contain tips on how to preserve battery, which are all found on the Internet.

$IMG_0023.jpg 4%

about my average (no music, but heavy 3g safari browse and alot of news reading apps, facetime, calls..lots of texting)..almost on average from apples website. For me, its great and alot better than what im used to.

Last edited:
I'm ok w my battery I charge at night and during the day it runs.
I do have a car charger that i plug into when I drive (sometimes) and that gives a little extra boost.
I use everything though lol music, Facebook, my daughter watches movies etc so I'm not complaining.
I do let it get to 20% Amd it's gotten as low as 7% before and I think it's died once or twice.
However I've also noticed on standby it can sit at 20% unused for a VERY long time I haven't tested it though.
Can it sit for a week unused?
I have a reason for asking this. My phone was lost OR stolen for a week than PLACED (as If I forgot where I put it) or Left there by me for a whole WEEK.it was at 20%... I called to report it stolen and everything;( than it just showed up looking like that. Wth? I have suspicion my dd friend took it and returned it. I have no proof though.
This being answered would help me w my thoughts lol

lunaandres said:
Also, I wouldn't recommend buying these battery doctor apps. They are scams. All they do is contain tips on how to preserve battery, which are all found on the Internet.

I agree fully.
There are battery doctors who do the work for ppl who do not know how to go on Internet or figure out how to save battery.
Yes there are ppl out there like MY Brothers wife who asked me "where is my Facebook " ugh why get a phone you can't use is beyond me:( she's had it a good while to figure out where her apps are ?!!!
So I showed her how and she got her FB back(it was in her purchased apps section of course)
Ppl like that may benefit but even THEN who knows.
I don't bother w battery drs.
:(
I keep location on always as well..and notifications I select which I use for each day to say basis.