What's new

6s and 5s battery life

Marie86

Reaction score
does the 5s have a much lower battery life than the 6s? I've got my cousin staying he has the 5s and although he does use his phone a lot seems to need to charge it a few times a day. He has 2 portable chargers to fully charge his phone yet still needs to charge it more. i have the 6s and use it about same as my cousin yet with a battery case which charges 80% battery I can easily get through most days with the odd day needing to use battery case twice. The reason for both batteries going down fast is Pokemon go but I would of thought both phones should have similar length battery? Maybe 6s having bit longer but not like double. Not actually tested them together but it looks like mine is something like double my cousins battery length.

The 6S is a newer design, with internal circuitry that's more power efficient than the older 5S design. This, along with probable battery advances in the 6S, could be responsible for longer battery life with similar usage by the two iPhones.

And then there is the question of how old are the batteries in each iPhone.

If the iPhone 5S was acquired near the launch date, odds are the battery has already been thru more than 500+ full cycle charges. That means the battery is now operating at less than 80%, possible as low as 70%, of the original capacity. Replacing the battery would help restore the original performance.

Also SciFan57 is very correct. The 6S is more efficient when it comes to use of the battery when compared to a 5S.

Found it [emoji38] Hi l use a 5s no games at all, l would recommend that if your cous' is happy with the way things are at the mo let it be.
In England we have a saying

If it ain't broke don't fix it

I know that from experience when l changed a battery on my iPhone 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk