

Attachments

• $image-3612290316.jpg
    $image-3612290316.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 402
iPhoneTibster said:
Last update before phone dies.



It's a good improvement. You getting double of what you got before. I had the same figures has you a while ago now I'm hitting 9 hours of usage. Just carry on full charging your device

Update and seems like my battery is finally fixed

Attachments

• $image-449267508.jpg
    $image-449267508.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 382
Using it moderately today. On my iPhone 4 with 4.x, it would be at 93%. Maybe a bug in iOS 5?



Attachments

• $image-2577462872.jpg
    $image-2577462872.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 405
I had the same problem and called Apple and got a a replacement phone, Also I have read several discussions on the battery usage and it suggests setting up the phone from scratch not doing a restore that might bring problems over from another phone which is what I did. I have not had any battery issues since. The best explanation I found was from
the link, How to fix battery life problems with iOS 5 or iPhone 4S |
Moderation Notice: No external links to be publish to other forums or blogs. Please review our forum rules!
. Hope this helps, I spent a long time on it. Also, I have locations on, siri on and am not encountering problems. One big thing is to every once and a while, tap the home button twice to see how many apps are open and running. That could drain your battery if one is constantly sending GPS signal. To close an app after hitting the Home twice, the apps appear at the bottom of your screen, hold down an app to close and they jiggle, hit the minus on the top and the app will close. Just make sure you are doing it at the bottom after hitting the Home twice, not on the screen as you will delete the app then.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking Apple made some changes on their end. My battery life was always OK, but now it seems like it has improved considerably and I made no changes to my Iphone 4S. I have everything 'on' (wifi, 4 email accounts, location services, notifications for a half dozen apps like messaging apps etc. and so on). I do not use vibrate or sound notifications (other than sound for inbound calls).

These are my usage stats for today. The phone has been off the charger since 6.30 AM yesterday (almost 26 hours). Usage shows as 2h 21 mins and standby shows as 1 day 1 hour. With the above settings, I still show 56% of battery left. I'm very happy with that kind of result.

I'm thinking Apple made some changes on their end. My battery life was always OK, but now it seems like it has improved considerably and I made no changes to my Iphone 4S. I have everything 'on' (wifi, 4 email accounts, location services, notifications for a half dozen apps like messaging apps etc. and so on). I do not use vibrate or sound notifications (other than sound for inbound calls).

These are my usage stats for today. The phone has been off the charger since 6.30 AM yesterday (almost 26 hours). Usage shows as 2h 21 mins and standby shows as 1 day 1 hour. With the above settings, I still show 56% of battery left. I'm very happy with that kind of result.

Actually that result is very poor. If you had done that run on a 4, you would easily have 75% or more of your battery left.

There is a set of bugs in iOS 5 for the iPhone 4S. They loaded a version on it that is different than the GM or Final released for the 4.

Here's something weird, my battery had a horrible life since i got it. I would just have it sitting for a few hours of even talking threw out the day and the battery life would just go bye bye but i had left it on WIFI just a few days ago and forgot to turn it off so it didn't drain my battery but it actually gets better life with it on? Sounds weird but true....lol

Nothing weird about that. WiFi uses less power than 3G for downloading the same amount of data. Usually by about 36% power savings.

Is there a way to get a more detailed breakdown of the battery statistics? Which app used what percentage, etc?

Not from a stock iOS install. It may be possible with jailbreaking. The other issue with that kind of stat tracking is, it uses up battery to track it.

Skull One said:
Not from a stock iOS install. It may be possible with jailbreaking. The other issue with that kind of stat tracking is, it uses up battery to track it.

Hey skull. Something weird has happened. Just when I thought my battery was okay. I had bad figures yesterday. I had 6 hours of usage and 18hours of standby. Not to bad or what? When I thought it fixed itself I had 9 hours of usage and 1day of standby by. Weird.

There is something getting stuck in the iOS processing loop that is causing the battery drain. Which is why no one has come up with a definitive fix for the issue. Only Apple or the hackers that know iOS inside and out will be able to troubleshoot this issue to the nat's *bleep*.

Status
Not open for further replies.