What's new

Battey life fixed by itself on 4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skull One said:
There is something getting stuck in the iOS processing loop that is causing the battery drain. Which is why no one has come up with a definitive fix for the issue. Only Apple or the hackers that know iOS inside and out will be able to troubleshoot this issue to the nat's *bleep*.

Yeah. Any idea when there will be an update for Siri ?

... ... ...

What I kept on doing is run it down completely and charge it.

... ... ...

What does running the iPhone down completely 'till it dies do to your data on the phone?

Does anything get lost? Contacts? Calendar? Mail?

Or, on recharging, is everything exactly the same as it was before it shut down?

Yarrenbool said:
What does running the iPhone down completely 'till it dies do to your data on the phone?

Does anything get lost? Contacts? Calendar? Mail?

Or, on recharging, is everything exactly the same as it was before it shut down?

Nothing.
No.
No.
No.
No.
Yes.

The only difference is the battery and iOS now know what the full and discharged state is for your specific battery.

Another way to save iphone battery power is to put the Diagnostics & Usage to "Don't Send" mode

here is the procedure:
settings-->general-->about----> go all the way down to diagnostics & usage --->now check the "Don't Send"
this can help save battery power.

good luck!

lukaret said:
Another way to save iphone battery power is to put the Diagnostics & Usage to "Don't Send" mode

here is the procedure:
settings-->general-->about----> go all the way down to diagnostics & usage --->now check the "Don't Send"
this can help save battery power.

good luck!

That did not help at all. Tried that

Guys lets not talk about Siri in a thread discussing batteries. If this continues I will close the thread.

I should point out Apple is aware of the issue and most likely provide an update in the near future.

Col.bris said:
Guys lets not talk about Siri in a thread discussing batteries. If this continues I will close the thread.

I should point out Apple is aware of the issue and most likely provide an update in the near future.

My bad dude. Don't need to bite my head off lol

One big thing is to every once and a while, tap the home button twice to see how many apps are open and running. That could drain your battery if one is constantly sending GPS signal. To close an app after hitting the Home twice, the apps appear at the bottom of your screen, hold down an app to close and they jiggle, hit the minus on the top and the app will close. Just make sure you are doing it at the bottom after hitting the Home twice, not on the screen as you will delete the app then.
Good luck!

Using the double tap process I was very surprises at the number of apps that were still running (almost every apps I have on my phone that I have accessed in the last few days). I would have thought that once closed the iOS would have cleared the app from memory or I'm I missing something? Can someone please explain why I'm seeing all these apps when I double tap the Home button. Thanks

None of the apps really close, they minimize in your phone. However if you double tap and close them that way then they are gone. It's totally normal.

Ok, before any more bad information is disseminated in this thread lets get the facts out about double clicking on the home button and what it really does as well as shows.

1) The application icons that are shown DO NOT represent running applications.
2) The application icons that are shown DO NOT represent applications that are actually in memory.
3) The application and iOS both have the ability to terminate the application but leave the application in memory.
4) iOS or the user has the ability to remove part of an application from memory.

To help establish these items as facts, you may run the following test:

1) Hold the Sleep Button and the Home Button down at the same time until the Apple logo appears in the center of the screen.

This step is the universal "RESET" of the device provided by Apple.

2) Allow the device to reboot.
3) Unlock the device.
4) Double click on the home button.

You will notice the last 40 to 80 apps, as long as you haven't cleared this manually, you have accessed is still listed there. And yet you just rebooted the device and haven't run any of those applications.

That display is SIMPLY for the single purpose of allowing the user to quickly access something they have recently done.

Now they did add a nice SIDE BENEFIT to holding down an application till it becomes deletable which allow the user to stop the application from continuing to run and unload the application from memory. But that was added because some applications were written VERY POORLY and don't respect Apple specified protocol for handling major events like PAUSE and UNLOAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.