What's new

Battery drain using iphone 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also noticed the battery is draining fairly quick. This is my first iPhone so I don't know what would be considered "normal". But I was under the impression that the battery life would be pretty good on the 4s.

You have to turn stuff that your not using like wifi if there isn't wifi. Because it will keep searching for wifi draining your battery you need a app like battery doctor to help you mange your battery like do full cycle charges turning stuff off when your not using them its a nice app. I don't have the 4s but I have a 4 and that was said about the battery for the 4 as well, when it Came out. Oh keep some sort of charger with you at all times.

You have to turn stuff that your not using like wifi if there isn't wifi. Because it will keep searching for wifi draining your battery you need a app like battery doctor to help you mange your battery like do full cycle charges turning stuff off when your not using them its a nice app. I don't have the 4s but I have a 4 and that was said about the battery for the 4 as well, when it Came out. Oh keep some sort of charger with you at all times.

Full-cycle charge would be letting the battery completely die before giving it a full charge again?

Same here, I noticed the battery drained very fast but I taught it was because I was streaming / downloading apps all night...however, I went to bed with a low battery and when I woke up the battery held pretty good. So I chopped it up to heavy usage, but won't hurt to use a battery app to help....

Turn on battery percent next to your battery icon, when it drops to 20 percent charge it up, do a full cycle charge once a month and stick that method. Since your 4s is new it will not need a full cycle for a month from today. Get battery Doctor it's only a buck.

Turn on battery percent next to your battery icon, when it drops to 20 percent charge it up, do a full cycle charge once a month and stick that method. Since your 4s is new it will not need a full cycle for a month from today. Get battery Doctor it's only a buck.

Thanks! But shouldn't you always charge your phone up when it hits the red zone? I normally do. I found a few different Battery Doctor apps. Which is the correct one?

Anyone else notice that the battery in an iPhone 4s drains pretty fast?

With about 5 hours of I internet use on 3G my battery dropped approx 50%

Is this normal for everyone else?

Considering 10 hours of usage is the expected behavior, I would say you were right on target.

Your battery usage sounds normal. Mine however hasn't been.

Friday night I went to bed with it at 75% and it was dead in the morning. I charged it up some yesterday... When I was out and using it for occasional pictures the percentage was dropping quickly. Much quicker than my 3GS. I was at a carnival and the low bats made it difficult to coordinate with my wife. I made my last call with it at 1%. I put it in my pocket and forgot about it for the rest of the night. When we were done about two hours later I pulled it out and it still had 1%. I did a full charge last night and am crossing my fingers it was just a first charge bug causing me problems.

What is a good battery app 2 save battery usage?

I also discovered that the phone came with blue tooth turned on. . .I turned that off and made sure I closed out of google maps since the gps stays on with any of the applications running which require its use. You can tell pretty quickly if GPS is running by looking at top of screen for little purple arrow. . . .shouldn't be there if you're not running anything. Turned WIFI off as well.

I'm very impressed with the battery life. Wow..MUCH better than my HTC Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.