What's new

Battery drain using iphone 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. Am presuming because I keep it in a leather slip case, Siri thinks the phone is against my ear, so is listening for a voice instruction.

I thought that option being on just forced it for when turning on siri you could just begin talking otherwise you had to hit the microphone button. I didn't think it was always searching for your ear but I could be wrong. If it is I wonder if that is part of my drain issue. It is dying much faster than I expected.

What do you think about external battery packs--case type like Mophie (convenient) or external like New Trent? Has anyone used these before?

Here's iLounge's interesting review of the battery:

Moderation Notes: this post is been edited in accordate to our rules, please do not post external links to other blogs. Please review our rules. - iPhone Forum Rules

8. With the exception of news articles, promoting other iPhone4 related forums or blogs in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. Doing so may result in a banning.

Last edited by a moderator:
yesterday i was doing some serious yardwork to my house and was listening to music..texting and some fb for 3 1/2 hrs..battery went from 100 to 87% in that time which i thought was amazing...any of my old android phones would have been around 50% in that time...battery life is great on my 4S :D

cityboy709 said:
What do you think about external battery packs--case type like Mophie (convenient) or external like New Trent? Has anyone used these before?

I have never had a iPhone before Saturday so i did a lot of review reading before buying one. I new going into the store that the 4s was a battery hog, so along with the phone I bought the morphie juice pack plus. It's done an amazing job so far, granted I've only had it for a couple of days. What I have been doing thou is charge both the juice pack and phone to full charge, then I run the juice pack till all most dead, then I use the phone battery till its about 20 to 30 percent. This saves on charge cycles and will give your battery's longer life expectancy.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

APPS Usage

In the settings you can see the data usage of each app. I found apps that were high on the list for usage which I don't even us.
So there running pushing / fetching in the background. Go into the options for those apps and kill them / turn off auto data.

Should help the battery...!

Turn on battery percent next to your battery icon, when it drops to 20 percent charge it up, do a full cycle charge once a month and stick that method. Since your 4s is new it will not need a full cycle for a month from today. Get battery Doctor it's only a buck.

How do you turn on battery percent?

Settings, General, Usage. Scroll down to Battery Usage. Turn Battery Percentage to ON.

I noticed my battery draining fast, going from 100% to 20% in less than 12 hours, with only moderate use. My iPhone 4 wouldn't drain that fast with same amount of usage. Last night on 2 of my apps I use a lot ( Hanging & Words with Friends ) I turned off all notifications for those 2 apps and so far today I've gone from 100% to 74% with same amount of usage in 11 hours. Since I got the phone on Friday this is first time that the battery hasn't been draining super fast, by just changing the notifications to none on those 2 apps.

Hey guys. What I did was I put my phone in DFU mode and restored from back up. What's so weird is when I got my 4s I set up has a new iPhone and the battery was STILL terrible. Right now the phone has been charging for a while. Waiting till it goes 100%. I'll get back to you guys

I fully changed my IPhone 4s over night last night. Wake this morning to 100%. Opened IM Plus and skype at 8am and 9am I was down to 80%. Shut both off. Made sure may wifi and bluetooth were also both off at that point. I was now at 75% at 930am its now 11am and I have 52% battery left? Whats sucking up all that power. Its reciving work e-mails as they come in (about 10-12 emails every hour). No apps running, besides maybe e-mail... I really shouldnt have to charge my phone twice a day, im not even using the phone, it just in standby getting e-mails...

My 3gs lasted an enitre day(usual longer) with apps running and me using it through out the day to make a few calls....

I think my battery is getting better the longer I have my phone. At 1st it would last all day but I would be down to 20% by bed time. Yesterday I was only down to 50%. I took it off the charger this morning at 5:30am and it's now noon and I have 84%. I think it's doing good.

Scotiez, Are you getting e-mails pushed to your phone durring the day? Do you leave your phone on 3g all day? Do you leave any apps running? Tryingto guage why my phone is draining so quickly.

carnage334 said:
Scotiez, Are you getting e-mails pushed to your phone durring the day? Do you leave your phone on 3g all day? Do you leave any apps running? Tryingto guage why my phone is draining so quickly.

I turned off push on my emails. I have them set to fetch hourly. Yes I am on 3G all day long. The only apps I leave open is phone, messages, mail, and settings. My phone has been unplugged from the charger for over 12 hours now, my battery is at 75%. That's using it for texting, and talking mostly. Some Internet searches and looking at the weather channel, and the iPhone forum apps a few times today.

Status
Not open for further replies.