What's new

Battery drain using iphone 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i just say, the battery will not reach its full potential until recharged several times, the chemicals within then form fully

Very important to charge fully out of the box before proceeding - so who of you did that the? Lol!

Using occasional internet browsing over WiFi writing in here and other forums and the odd call, my iphone4 will last from friday night (charge in car) well into Sunday night, its a 6 weeks old 32 gb model.

My battery dropped about 10% overnight with wifi on and not being used. Is this normal because it is still accessing the cell phone tower for cellular service. My Ipad if I go to sleep at 100% it will still be 100% in the morning but it is wifi only. This is my first Iphone.

100% correct. The cellular chip never turns off unless you put the iPhone in airplane mode. So what you are seeing is expected behavior.

Skull One said:
100% correct. The cellular chip never turns off unless you put the iPhone in airplane mode. So what you are seeing is expected behavior.

My battery life is better than my 3GS now that I have turned Siri off.

I have to say I am impressed so far but coming for the HTC Evo which the battery lasted from 7am to 1pm .... I charged my Iphone 4s up all night and I went from 7am to 11pm last night and it still had plenty of charge left.

If you have many apps running at the same time, you will drain your battery more faster, make sure you only use what you need and close everything else, there is an app killer app to stop running apps when you are not using your phone and when you use it make sure your phone opens only the apps you need, stop wifi serch if you are not using it and if you are in a low or not signal spot like a deep baseman or thick room walls swich your phone to airplane mode, this will stop the phone from search for a 3g signal and change it back ti normal mode when you are out of that area, you won't loose your messages, the will be there waiting for you.

I notice now that the fast drain occurs with the phone in my pocket if I don't shut the screen off before placing it in there. Perhaps it's trying to use Siri over and over again while in there? The phone is noticeably hot when I pull it out ( I do have to enter passcode to unlock though).

Ummm, you don't need an "app killer". Technically it is already built into the phone.

Double tap the home button and a task bar shows up.

Hold down the app in question, like you were going to delete/move it, and then when the little red x shows up click it. App is removed from memory.

Wish they had one button to close down all the background apps like Cydia has, its so much quicker than doing it one at a time, thing I miss most now I'm not jail broken.I noticed my battery going quick but happened after I was using Siri a lot and after taking photos and videos

I was having significant battery drain. I think it was because when I set up the new 4s I did it from back up. I now restored the phone and did not set up from back up, and all seems well so far. Something to keep in mind !!

mbern1008 said:
Why??? Siri should not drain the battery unless you are using (abusing) her lol

Not sure. Am presuming because I keep it in a leather slip case, Siri thinks the phone is against my ear, so is listening for a voice instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.