What's new

Bad camera pics

jimdd810

Reaction score
Or those people having problems with the flash on there iPhone 4 or 4s I discovered the problem with mine. There is a protective film on the inside of the back cover that must be removed. My pics come in much much better. I also noticed that the phone is faster. I know this sounds weird but there is a metal contact point in the inside cover that was covered up by the protective film. It now makes contact with the same point on the phone. I got to believe that this is an important contact point. And now the phone is better. Any way I thought I would share this info.

iPhone of course

If you know that disassembly your iPhone can void your warranty and your insurance, you wouldn't go down that road. I'm fine with my pictures I took with my iPhone, if I need a pro photos, I will get a pro camera, not a phone with a camera feature.

I had to replace the back of my phone due robot cracking. AT&T told me it would not void the warranty due to the fact that they wouldn't be able to tell any way. The replacement cover looks exactly like the one I took off. I discovered this protective film issue do to the fact that the original one had the same problem.

iPhone of course

nikstar said:
So you're saying that you need to remove the back cover and take this protective film off?

Yes it is easy takes 2 minutes. You do need the proper torx screwdriver which you can get on eBay for very little money. Since there is no iPhone store any where near me it was the best option to fix my phone.

iPhone of course

Seems strange that Apple would leave a protective film on the inside of the back cover that would potentially cause issues. :confused:

Seems strange that Apple would leave a protective film on the inside of the back cover that would potentially cause issues. :confused:

Yeah thats why i was asking if the film was on the original or the replacement back. It doesnt make sense that they would do that.

It was on the original. It just sochappened that I had to remove it on the new one as well. These things are assembled in mass quanitys. It's not hard for me to understand that mistakes can and will be made. I was having trouble with my camera before cracking the back. I replaced it with a factory replacement back. Now it works like it should.

iPhone of course

I was wondering why I'm getting a low quality pics... thanks for the tip to remove the protective film (i haven't seen it, oops)