What's new

AT&T Suspends all iPhone 4 Walk In Sales

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
att-store1.jpg

Due the the overwhelming demand for the iPhone 4, AT&T will not be offering any devices to walk-in customers until June 29th. All of the units have already been spoken for during the initial pre-order last week.

Here are a few guidelines for customers buying iPhone 4 from AT&T:

Preordered for home or business delivery: iPhone 4 will begin arriving this week for customers who preordered. We'll send an email when each order has shipped.

Preordered for store delivery: AT&T retail representatives will begin calling customers this week to let them know their iPhone 4 is available for pick up in store.

Retail purchase (no preorder): AT&T plans to have iPhone 4 inventory - available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last - on June 29 in its retail locations, at AT&T | Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service, and in business sales channels. As inventory sells out, AT&T will offer the convenient option of purchasing iPhone 4 and having it delivered to a home or business or an AT&T store. As always, customers will receive an email once their order is placed, and again when it ships.

Source: MacRumors.com

Wow isn't that amazing . Sold all the store Iphone 4s before release date ...

amazing but not surpising, so any one who goes to stand in line will not get one unless they pre ordered for pick up

I just asked an At&T rep at my local store, she says she doesn't know anything about it - quote: "I'll know more tomorrow"

This will put a big damper on unit sales :(

Actually, unit sales can only be accounted for the units that are in stock and ready to be sold but if they are all sold already what unit sales can it hurt? Sure, it will disappoint a lot of people but I highly doubt that they'll run straight to Verizon and get a Droid X or Evo from sprint for that matter. Majority of the people will still buy the new iphone.

Wow that sucks for people who didn't pre-order. Ive got my chair and ice chest ready =]

Did you guys here about the man that is already in line at a Texas Apple store? He has been there for 5 days . He says its his vacation ... wouldn't that stink if he didn't pre order a pick up and gets turned down .

The article says he pre-ordered. It also says he is disabled with a seizure disorder. He also said he did it the last two years but might take next year off. I wouldn't be doing it. It has been getting up to 100 degrees around, he is up in Dallas so it may a little cooler but not much.

The article says he pre-ordered. It also says he is disabled with a seizure disorder. He also said he did it the last two years but might take next year off. I wouldn't be doing it. It has been getting up to 100 degrees around, he is up in Dallas so it may a little cooler but not much.

So he in 100 degree weather and has a seizer disorder? , could being in that type of weather condition trigger a seizer???? Its a good thing he pre-ordered lets just hope he doesn't get heat stroke before the 24th...

Wow that sucks for people who didn't pre-order. Ive got my chair and ice chest ready =]

it sure does suck for them, or even those who did not get to order until late and have to wait until mid july, ice chest? your going to camp out there with nice cool drinks? must be hot where you are