What's new

Apple Releasing New Firmware 4.1.1 + How To Save SHSH Blobs

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOoAfCfgHJI[/ame]​

Ever since the Limera1n Exploit and Jailbreak released, people have been talking and rumors have been spreading that Apple might be patching this soon. Now this would not be a suprise looking back at Apple doing this a few times before *cough* Jailbreakme. This "patch" that might be releasing could be a firmware update, most likely 4.1.1, or some sort of other way to patch through iTunes.

This video will show you how to save your SHSH blobs that will trick iTunes into thinking you are on the most current iOS version. So when Apple does release an update and you aren't ready to update yet, you can still restore or stay on your current firmware. The guide and process is very simple to do, just follow the video.

SHSH Blob is a signature file which is verified against Apple Server to verify the the iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. If for some reason, when you are try to restore to a previous version, Apple will not allow you to restore it becuase, you are trying load a older version of iOS. To make this possible, we need to send a request to a different server (Local or designated) which sends a SHSH blob (which was saved by you) back to iTunes faking that its the current version. -Machackpc

Download TinyUmbrella:
The Firmware Umbrella

4.1.1 is not the official version number.

Last edited:
Does the phone have to be Jail broken before you can do this??

btu apple have states 4.2 is coming in november. and they will release another fw before that to patch the jailbreak? only so they release shatter after that?

Worked great I'm stoked that finally a JB came out and even more now that I can save my SHSH, my other JB'd I didn't have my SHSH so I couldn't restore from 4.1 I appreciate your video and information.