What's new

Anyone waiting for the 5th iPhone?

brianhenny

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone (like me) that is looking at these forums debating whether to get the current iPhone or wait until summer for the rumored 5th iPhone.

I have a Droid Incredible which I love, but the battery sucks. I think I'm going to get the iP4 for my birthday (aka free - moms upgrade) then just put the sale money of the incredible and iP4 towards the 5th.

For all those on here who already have the iP4, think you're going to make the switch to the iP5?

I'm pretty sure everyone on the forum is interested to see what the iPhone will be, just not sure everyone will be able to do what you suggest.

Cya

I'm also just wondering if people are browsing the forums though and holding off on getting one until the next comes out. i'd be cool to hear why

I used my upgrade on the iPhone 4. I will be using my wife's upgrade when the iPhone 5 comes out. The pics I've seen look sweet!

I am a current DX owner and am snooping here for the same reason. I am intrigued by the iPhone 4, but it lacks one critical piece for me that has me holding out for the iPhone 5 on Verizon. I need it to support GSM as well as CDMA. I am sick of not being able to use my phone when I travel internationally. Of course, there is no guarantee that it will support both network types, but my fingers are crossed in anticipation. I am also curious to see if they can get a little better battery life out of the CDMA version of the phone than it seems to be getting. It is annoying enough that my DX is a battery hog, but at least I can swap batteries if I have a long day away from a charger. Not expecting the iPhone 5 to have a (easily) removable battery, but they are saying it should have greater battery life than the ip4.

IMHO The iP4 has an excellent battery life unless you're taking flash pix or shooting video, compressing it and uploading it to FB or YouTube -- in which case it lasts about as long as other phones. Also -- you have to manage open apps in multitasking & location services (turn off ones you're not using ALL the time), network connections (WiFi/Bluetooth left on when not needed will drain much faster.) and screen brightness a LITTLE if you want the best battery charge -- but managing those things well can give you 2 to 2.5 DAYS of battery with normal (3G/WiFi web, txt and calling) use on 1 full charge (and I use my phone A LOT).

im not willing to wait. i have wanted an iphone forever. since it came to verizon, i waited one week and bought one. couldnt be happier ! ive never done good with the waiting thing.

How long you willing to wait?

I'm actually not in a huge rush. The DX is a good device, but a great 'phone.' It does the trick. As I see it, the longer I go with my DX, the more value I get out of it, and the more time I have to convince my wife to let me have her upgrade since I used mine for the DX last Fall. :D But if, and I say IF, the ip5 actually had the criteria I am looking for in my next phone, you can bet I'd be on the pre-order list and anxious as heck for the phone to arrive. For now, while so much of the ip5 is just noise on the rumor mill, the waiting game is a non-issue for me.

That said, I am a bit jealous of you guys that have the ip4 on Verizon today. If anyone wants to trade for a DX, hit me up. haha

No, the iphone5 you are talking about will actually be iPhone4s, and it's ios will be the upgrade the actual iPhone4 ios. I will wait for the real iphone5 which ios will upgrade the next coming iPhone4s ios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if theres two iphones out this year the newer iphone4 with better cameras and slightly upgraded battery life and such. But then the nano iphone will come out too with it thats why I bought mine now cause I can wait for the new ios besides if the iphone5 really is a huge upgrade then I think it'll surprise a ton of people.

I'm actually not in a huge rush. The DX is a good device, but a great 'phone.' It does the trick. As I see it, the longer I go with my DX, the more value I get out of it, and the more time I have to convince my wife to let me have her upgrade since I used mine for the DX last Fall. :D But if, and I say IF, the ip5 actually had the criteria I am looking for in my next phone, you can bet I'd be on the pre-order list and anxious as heck for the phone to arrive. For now, while so much of the ip5 is just noise on the rumor mill, the waiting game is a non-issue for me.

That said, I am a bit jealous of you guys that have the ip4 on Verizon today. If anyone wants to trade for a DX, hit me up. haha
I'm in a super huge rush, despite my phone "doing the trick". I have the Fascinate that I was forced to sign a 2 year contract for because Verizon screwed me over with 7 bad Motorola Droids in a row. It's a nice size, the screen is good enough, but it's a light, cheap, plasticy piece of junk.

My mom used her upgrade last week to get the iPhone, and my dad and brother are using theirs in November (dad's getting an iPhone; my brother thinks everything Apple makes sucks and is sticking with an android of some kind). Mine isn't until May 2012. No way I'm waiting that long. I don't have the money to pay full price for one but like I said, waiting until May 2012 is out of the question for me. I want one of these things so bad, and my mom getting one just made it worse. Thank god I don't live in their house anymore. It'd be torture!

Whatever iPhone is out by December (if my dad and brother's phones last until their upgrade, I HAVE to ask for one for Christmas, I can't wait any longer), that's what I'll get. I don't care which one it is.

I'm in a super huge rush, despite my phone "doing the trick". I have the Fascinate that I was forced to sign a 2 year contract for because Verizon screwed me over with 7 bad Motorola Droids in a row. It's a nice size, the screen is good enough, but it's a light, cheap, plasticy piece of junk.

My mom used her upgrade last week to get the iPhone, and my dad and brother are using theirs in November (dad's getting an iPhone; my brother thinks everything Apple makes sucks and is sticking with an android of some kind). Mine isn't until May 2012. No way I'm waiting that long. I don't have the money to pay full price for one but like I said, waiting until May 2012 is out of the question for me. I want one of these things so bad, and my mom getting one just made it worse. Thank god I don't live in their house anymore. It'd be torture!

Whatever iPhone is out by December (if my dad and brother's phones last until their upgrade, I HAVE to ask for one for Christmas, I can't wait any longer), that's what I'll get. I don't care which one it is.

I believe Verizon will be allowing an early upgrade option in december

I believe Verizon will be allowing an early upgrade option in december

That's random. I wish they'd offer an early upgrade option or a deal on the new iPhone this summer or something. They did have some sort of deal with the 4 but it was someone who had signed a contract only a month or so after I signed mine. I was pissed.