What's new

Made the switch to Verizon

djroy

Reaction score
Well, after being with Sprint for several years I decided I didn't want to wait for an iPhone any longer and switched to Verizon.

Just received the iPhone in the mail a few days ago, ported my number, and wow.. I love this thing! (I knew I would)

So, I'm wondering... do you think it was a mistake for me to leave Sprint to get an iPhone since the rumor is the other carriers might be getting it in the future?

Just curious to see what your thoughts are on the matter.

Daniel

djroy said:
Well, after being with Sprint for several years I decided I didn't want to wait for an iPhone any longer and switched to Verizon.

Just received the iPhone in the mail a few days ago, ported my number, and wow.. I love this thing! (I knew I would)

So, I'm wondering... do you think it was a mistake for me to leave Sprint to get an iPhone since the rumor is the other carriers might be getting it in the future?

Daniel

Welcome to the forum! Well sprint still has unlimited data, but no iPhone. They may or may not get the iPhone 5 who knows, but as long as your happy with your device and the contract terms you signed up for then all should be well! Verizon has great coverage, and the iPhone is an amazing piece of technology. Sounds like a winning combination to me :D! You have 14 days to decide if its worth it or not. Just use those days to really test your phone and coverage! It's all up to your personal experience and satisfaction!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I think it also depends on quality of service/signal in your area. I just came off Sprint myself. Their signal is OK, but not great where I live. In many locations where I'd see the Sprint phone roaming, the VZ signal is strong. At home in a rural community where I rely on the phone for tethering as no other broadband except satellite is available, I am finding VZ to be more reliable than Sprint.

Yes, Sprint has the 100% unlimited data as of now, but I got into VZ under the wire for unlimited data on its plan, although tethering is capped at $20 a month for 2GB. Judging from prior Sprint use I rarely exceeded 2GB a month, and with so much more I can see/do on the iPhone than a simpler "feature phone" I had, I don't need to tether as often anyway.

Welcome to VZ and the iPhone ;)

Yea I would say test it out. In my area I have better Sprint then Verizon coverage, but I still use Verizon because of the iPhone :)

Daniel

Daniel: It all depends on the level of coverage in your area... I think you made a good decision by opting for iPhone but coming to Verizon is not a good idea as their customer service is horrible. Again I do not know how is the customer service from Sprint as I never used them but VZ definitely is horrible so if you have had good customer service at Sprint you probably made a 'not so good' decision but again you gained iPhone so you will love the phone at least... Hope you do not have to get in touch with VZ with any issue, so N'joy and have lots of fun with you iPhone....

sid_wisc said:
Daniel: It all depends on the level of coverage in your area... I think you made a good decision by opting for iPhone but coming to Verizon is not a good idea as their customer service is horrible. Again I do not know how is the customer service from Sprint as I never used them but VZ definitely is horrible so if you have had good customer service at Sprint you probably made a 'not so good' decision but again you gained iPhone so you will love the phone at least... Hope you do not have to get in touch with VZ with any issue, so N'joy and have lots of fun with you iPhone....

Thats so true. I don't even bother with Verizon CS anymore. They suck

You do have the 14 day return period.

I recently tried the Samsung Droid Charge for that period of time only to return dissatisfied with the horrible battery performance and a few other things.

I'll be waiting for the new iPhone to come out before I decide what phone I'm getting next.

Cya

Daniel

It is never a mistake as long as you are happy!

Talking about VZ's customer service....but whose is any better? "Customer Service" seems to be such an oxymoron (with emphasis on "moron"). When I got my iPhone I had issues getting Personal Hotspot to work. Ultimately it turned out to be an outdated driver on my Wi-Fi card, but I figured that out on my own. VZ went through the pages of pre-written drivvel to no avail, then had me do a full reset of the phone, which de-activated it. they told me that connecting it to iTunes would re-activate it. I repeatedly asked didn't it need an internet connection to do that (living in a rural spot I use Personal Hotspot as my only form of broadband). They kept saying "no" that iTunes would reactivate. Naturally it didn't, and I ended up taking the iPhone back to my VZ store and had them re-activate it the next day. The only plus is the guys at the store are pretty sharp, probably give them an A- for their efforts; there were a few things they didn't know that I taught them....and I had only just gotten the iPhone!

Mysterion said:
iPhone 4 on Verizon is heaven on earth :D

Good to hear!

djroy said:
Good to hear!

I agree! I has iPhone 4 on AT&T and now on Verizon. It's like night and day! Verizon rules!!!

rccarroll34 said:
I agree! I has iPhone 4 on AT&T and now on Verizon. It's like night and day! Verizon rules!!!

What would you say the negatives of the iPhone 4 at AT&T?

rccarroll34 said:

What would you say the negatives of the iPhone 4 at AT&T?

The hundreds of call drops, sometimes unresponsive network speed and soon the capped data speeds for the grandfathered in customers.