What's new

Switching Verizon iphone4s to AT&T as the carrier

Antonio198622

Reaction score
Hi I had a quick question maybe some one can help with. I have a iPhone 4 on AT&T network my friend just gave me her iPhone4s but her carrier is thru Verizon. What's the best way to switch carries so I can use the iPhone 4s on AT&T network ... Thank you in advance

Isn't that iPhone 4 factory locked to Verizon? If not then insert your AT&T sim in the iPhone, go to system> carrier/ there you can select your AT&T network.

nope, the 4s has a sim card slot but its only for international sim cards through verizon which they do not unlock until 2 months of having service. Verizon is CDMA when it comes to the U.S. You cannot use a ATT sim in a Verizon iphone. Sell both and get a ATT 4S and still have money in your pocket ;)

Why would you unlock iPhone to AT&T ??? I have Verizon now, and had AT&T and was a nightmare!! I never drop calls on Verizon and AT&T i dropped calls everyday!!! Just wanna warn you before you change to AT&T but I respect your decision!!

glgbnaf said:
Why would you unlock iPhone to AT&T ??? I have Verizon now, and had AT&T and was a nightmare!! I never drop calls on Verizon and AT&T i dropped calls everyday!!! Just wanna warn you before you change to AT&T but I respect your decision!!

Depends on the area. Where im at its the opposite. Coworker has verizon and at our job his phones a paperweight where as my At&t is full signal. Now when i go camping its the exact opposite.