What's new

Any feedback about iOS 5.0.1 update?

My battery is way worse on my 4G since updating. And Bluering, I just noticed you were from Perth. My brother played a show at the Villa Saturday night. Ever hear of that place? We live in the states and that was his first time touring in your country. He said every show he played was insane.

I finally just updated, after being a chicken for the past few weeks or so. I have to say, I don't really see a battery difference....at first I thought I saw it draining faster, but I think that was just made up in my mind. It's been four days since I updated via iTunes, and I kinda/almost see an improvement in speed (maybe that's my mind playing tricks on me also, lol)....but all in all...."nothing bad happened" like I was afraid it was from all the horror stories here and there.

This being my first iPhone, I do NOT want anything happening to it....this beauty costed a pretty penny...and she blows my HTC EVO out of the water!

Battery life is definitely better with the new IOS. All of our games that we develop had issues when tested with the new system running on older devices. The new system handles memory a little bit differently on the older devices so people who have updated their iPad 1 or anything before an iPhone 4 might be having issues with other developers apps, and sound on some apps. We posted fixes to our apps, and there seems to be a lot of talk about it on the developers forums so maybe hold off updating if you haven't already until all the developers can catch up.

Well so far, it improved my batter life! I update my iPhone 4S OTA then I did the reset all settings option and so far, my battery is doing fine.

Before the update I never really had a problem with my battery in my 4s but after the update my battery changed significantly. I now need to charge my phone halfway through the day because it drops down to about 35-40% around 5pm after charging the night before. I wish I never did the update. Seems like I'm one of the few with this problem and that almost everyone likes this update. I hope they come out with another soon but we'll see.

Same problem here. I knew I shouldn't have did the update, especially since my battery was fine. Live and learn I guess.

Same problem here. I knew I shouldn't have did the update, especially since my battery was fine. Live and learn I guess.
it's so mind blowing to me that people have such opposite experiences with this update. Anybody have any idea why this could be?