What's new

Any feedback about iOS 5.0.1 update?

Same here.. I updated yesterday. Now it's much worse. Looks like mine is using 3% per hour on standby! I'm going to leave it on tonight to check it out further.

Is there anyway to restore back before the update?

In other post you mentioned loosing 1% only in 10 hours of stand-by???!

Please clarify?!

/

The need for an initial then occasional conditioning of a rechargeable battery isn't something open for debate for anyone who understands their design. No offense intended. But there's a lotta malarky out there in the name of good data on the internet. If someone's gonna trust a website called - 'batteryuniversity' simply because it sounds - authoritative -- well.. suffice it to say it's just a bad idea.

I understand the design better then you think. Your not talking to some kid who just woke up and decided this is whats best. I also have been in electonics and the automotive industry for over 30 years. When i do research on a subject I do not follow the 1st report i come across. I follow reports who can back their claims up, with testing reports, graphs, and analysis. Their-fore Battery Univeristy with there extensive testing, reports and studies i think is a very credible website. NOT just because of there name. I'm not saying your wrong, maybe you are right to some point but not totally 100%. I'm not saying i am either. I just believe conditioning a lithium battery is not necessary. I have never conditioned my battery and i do not have battery problems with my iPhone. I usually recharge nightly even though sometimes its not needed. When i plug mine in i am anywhere from 70% to 20%, depends on how heavy i use it during the day.

I do not believe people with rabid battery drain is a result of not conditioning the battery, or has anything to do with the battery unless Apple recieved a bad batch of batteries in the manufacturing process. I do think it has something to do with iSO 5, but what i do not know, nor do i know why it affects some people and not others. That is for Apple to figure out. I just know being this is my 1st iphone i set it up as new. The sales rep transfered my contacts from my old phone to my iphone in the store, so their was no back up from over the air or anything like that. My music and pictures were tranfered over when i got it home and connected it to Itunes.

I think this battery issue is a software bug that is not created in all phones, It is created by way of configuration by the person activating it. All Software when it is new is not perfect, the 1st few months will be full of little updates correcting things they missed in testing before release. It doesn't matter who makes the software Apple, Microsoft, or linux, they all will have little updates correcting things after initial release.

This is my last post on this subject, You believe what you want, I will believe what i want. We will see who wins in the end.

I bought my 4s yesterday . I did not install the new update to the IOS yet . Im testing the battery with the current OS 5.0
btw . Is it normal in 12 h of standby (with very little activity ) for the battery to drop by by 9% ? And after this 12 h i started to talk on the phone use the facebook app a little + siri and it went down 8% more in like 3h
I need to mention that this is my 1st apple product and 1st smartphone so im trying to get the hang of things

So let me see if i understand this correctly. you said after 12hours of standby you had 9% battery left? or did it use 9% leaving you with about 91% Battery? A normal day for me is 15 to 18 hours of standby and about 3 to 4 hours of use, At the end of the day i end up with about 50% battery left, give or take a few percentages. My phone activity is phone calls, texting, facebook, and i have several forums like this one. I have noticed when using a forum app my battery drains kinda fast. Other apps Like the stock ones apple puts on your phone does not drain my battery any where near as fast.
As for updating to iSO 5.0.1 is up to you, Rumor has it that another update iSO 5.0.2 is coming before the end of next week. Don't take my word for that, I have read several websites that claim this but i can't comfirm it. That rumor is claiming to give the 4s 40 hours of standby and 10 hours of usage. Now that is very wishfull thinking, and i hope that it is true. We will just have to wait and see.
With that being said use your own judgement on updating to iSO 5.0.1. I personally didn't see much if any difference at all after updating.

Last edited:
it consumed 9% of battery .. i was left with 91%

Here's mine ;)
aefe8153-0caf-c71f.jpg

Well I have found out why my battery life dropped considerably after installing 5.0.0 and after that 5.0.1 and I mean considerably.

I had "data roaming" switched off. I have switched it on again and HEY PRESTO problem solved. Don't ask me why but it's the way it is.

Barrie

Before the update I never really had a problem with my battery in my 4s but after the update my battery changed significantly. I now need to charge my phone halfway through the day because it drops down to about 35-40% around 5pm after charging the night before. I wish I never did the update. Seems like I'm one of the few with this problem and that almost everyone likes this update. I hope they come out with another soon but we'll see.

I think that's a 'photo-shopped' picture. No one gets those results with a 4 or a 4s.. And the photos u snap of your screen then upload here are mini photos - click on his and it's full screen. We're being toyed with... :-(

I dont think its photo shopped i get those same stats on my iphone 4!

I left it on airplane mode while on the cruise and played games left it On in the safe not photoshopped at all

Died on airplane
Just plugged in now to show yall another shot llook

I'm not tech enough to photo shop
Says it's been plugged in cause now it's on truck charger
aefc7430-a148-de86.jpg

Thanks for the tip Barrie.
I tried changing location services but it hasn't improved.
I've now turned on data roaming. Let's see what happens.