What's new

Any feedback about iOS 5.0.1 update?

same snapshot of your battery usage page like you gave us last time when it showed five days standby-but this time after you are no longer in airplane mode but you've had the transmitter in the phone on for a full day. You can't compare using the phone in airplane mode with using the phone with airplane mode turned off. They're apples and oranges comparisons. Nobody gets five days of standby time in one battery charge when airplane mode is turned off. That's my point. The people doing the testing here are always using their phones with the transmitter in the phone working.

I will post a screen shot in a couple days of my iphone 4 usage page i never put my phone in airplane mode no need to. I dont use my phone heavy like you guys but i do get 5 days of standby with 5-6 hours of usage.

And you're on iOS 5 too - right? The whole context here about battery life is about an iPhone 4 or 4S running iOS 5 - we're not talking about iOS 4. 5 days of stand by on iOS 5 is about 2.5 times Apple's promised specs on an iPhone 4 or 4s.

No im on IOS 5.0.1 using an iphone 4 apple says up to 300 hours of standby on the 4 i dont know about the 4s it seems that gets alot worse standby on the same IOS for some reason.

i was at genius bar today bout the battery and the gentleman told me that my phone was not a hardware issue and it was software... "be patient as the 5.0.2 is being worked on".......

i was at genius bar today bout the battery and the gentleman told me that my phone was not a hardware issue and it was software... "be patient as the 5.0.2 is being worked on".......

Blimey 5.0.1 had only just arrived and we're already waiting for 2, then 3 then 4 then 5 etc etc will we ever be happy with updates?

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk

scotiez said:
I upgraded yesterday about noon. I never really had any battery issues but i feel if there is an update then im gona install it cause there must be something that needs to be fixed in software. OH yeah im thinking microsoft again LOL anyway back to the phone. After the update i have seen no changes.. maybe a little longer battery life in standby but thats about it.

For those who have battery charging and discharging questions you should look at the website Batteryuniveristy.com Under the learn about batteries section They have a ton of information under the charging methods and discharging methods for lithium based batteries. I don't go by what other people say on how to take care of your battery. The people behind battery univeristy knows what they are talking about on how to take care of your batteries, this is what they do.. In there information they say to never fully discharge a lithium based battery, and partial charges are better then full charges. These are the methods i follow and i have never had a problem in many years of having cell phones. Of course this is my opinion and feelings about the subject. I just think that listening to a website dedicated to batteries and for the amount of information they are giving you that they know a little more then Joe Shmoe over in know it all city half way around the world telling you what to do about your battery.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/
Everything you need to know about lithium based batteries in apple devices.

It was seeded yesterday to the developers.I guess 5.0.1 or something like this