What's new

Android users to quit the platform for iPhone 5?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nexus_iphone_love.jpg

Android fans and iOS supporters are all much attached to their favorite brands. However, it appears that Apple’s fans are more devoted to their number one company than Android fans. For example, iOS fans always pay the price tag Apple tells them to and claim that their platform is invulnerable to malware threats. We all know this not true but their love for Apple makes them blind.

On the other hand, Android users are reportedly tempted to change the operating system and join the iOS camp, Phonesreview UK informed citing an article from Beatweek. Thousands of Android users went online on the Beatweek site on the 29th of June and typed a surprising term in the search box ”iPhone 5 release date”.

Maybe some of them were part of the iOS haters’ club and were searching for information so as to use it to downgrade the rival platform. But they could not have been all iOS haters. Maybe some of them were interested in finding out what the release date would be because they are planning to purchase an iPhone and give up Android.

What could be more bizarre than using an Android phone to look for information about the release date of an iOS smartphone?

But why would Android fans switch camps? There are a few theories to explain this behavior, but some of them are rather exaggerated. Android users were reportedly ”forced” into purchasing an Android phone because the iPhone was unavailable in their carrier’s offer, or the salesperson lied to them claiming that the iPhone is good for nothing.

Also, Android handsets are cheaper than the iPhone and can be easily hacked, which made customers choose Android over iOS. However, these are basically rumors. We will know for sure if Android fans are indeed planning to switch to iOS after the iPhone 5 has been launched.

By Radu Tyrsina

They are both good and both have issues. For example, voice recognition on my droid worked and on my iphone it's junk. Iphone bookmarks podcasts and my droid would not. Only reason i switched. Oh yeah and cell phone assisted gps sucks. My incredible had a real gps.

Android is populare only because its used by many phone makers whereas ios is exclusive for Apple.

android popularity I think is driven more by price than being a competitive OS, Blackberry was at one time pricey but we have seen it tumble.

No matter which flavour, a particular OS will suit some and not others. I'm a Small Buisness owner, i looked at android but went iPhone mainly based on the dearth of apps available and build quality, others will see 'flash player' as a must have.

Numbers sold don't make for a product being the best, or we would say the Fiat 500 is a better car than a BMW X5 - I know i'd just prefer the more expensive X5 ;).

CP