What's new

Airpods won't be available in October according to this site...

By the time they do have them in January (supposing its true) many people will have bought something else rather than disappoint.

Well, there's hope that the site is wrong, because they made an error. They refer to the Airpods as a BlueTooth device, which they are not. Hopefully they have their timescale wrong too. I find it difficult to believe that Apple won't be pushing for the holiday sales, but I was wrong in thinking that they would get them out in October, as planned.

Well, there's hope that the site is wrong, because they made an error. They refer to the Airpods as a BlueTooth device, which they are not. Hopefully they have their timescale wrong too. I find it difficult to believe that Apple won't be pushing for the holiday sales, but I was wrong in thinking that they would get them out in October, as planned.

The Airpods don't work via Bluetooth?

Evey thing I've read refers to them working via BT. I'm very interested in learning different.

They WILL work using BlueTooth, on devices that lack the ability to use their primary connection method, which is the new W1 chip. iOS 10 devices and Mac will use the new tech. Other devices can use BlueTooth pairing.

They WILL work using BlueTooth, on devices that lack the ability to use their primary connection method, which is the new W1 chip. iOS 10 devices and Mac will use the new tech. Other devices can use BlueTooth pairing.

Very interesting. Thank you. It is very odd to me that Apple would put BT in these Airpods just to connect to other devices besides ios10 devices.

Do you have any links describing this new connection method? I'm interested in learning more about it.

Also, are you saying that BT can be turned off on an iPhone7 and these Airpods will still work?

I don't think you'll be able to turn BT off. I guess they'll use BT to find the transmitting device but W1 to transfer the data, in a similar way to how AirDrop works.

Making them available for devices that can only use BT makes sense, simply to bring them to a wider audience.

I think the video on the Apple website has all of the info that's available. I haven't read anything anywhere else that expands on what Apple have already stated.

They arrive when they arrive, relax as l always say.
Be cool

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.