What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

Absinthe sits for a long time at waiting for process to complete, then changes over to: hmmmm, something seems to have gone wrong, restoring to previous state.
Same here. iPhone 4S, Verizon, iOS 5.1.1. If I can get the JB to work you can bet I'll be sending a donation to those folks :)

ran as admin. after complete, restarted phone.
no cydia app

It appears to be an issue with CDMA users.

I have a sprint phone and I'm experiencing the same issue.

I dont think it works on cmda iphone users.

i have gsm iphone 4 and im having the same problem jailbreak is not working.any ideas guys

Dumb question but is this for the 4s also I dont see it listed?

i have gsm iphone 4 and im having the same problem jailbreak is not working.any ideas guys

That rules me(cmda) out...not sure if i should be glad or not. But lets wait and see..they might have a fix sooon

Awesome it worked flawlessly.

Make sure your encrypted password is disabled in itunes. It will backup once you uncheck the box and put your password in.

Run absinthe it as Admin, yes after zip was downloaded i unzipped it, then ran it and it created another folder with absinthe in it, thats the one you click on run as admin and jailbreak it.

Seriously 5 min it was all done, it automatically reboots for you and guess what Cydia is installed now and i did not have to do a restore cause absinthe works.

I using Iphone 4 on GSM network in Canada.

That rules me(cmda) out...not sure if i should be glad or not. But lets wait and see..they might have a fix sooon

Yes it is suppose to work with CDMA phones on Absinthe website it says so and i think there is a download link for CDMA.

I rely on ultrasn0w to unlock my iPhone. I was wondering if I make a custom IPSW preserving my baseband from redsn0w and update my iPhone with that and then run this latest jailbreak, will it work?

Okay got a question......... I ran Absinthe 2.0 and it said I was done and I have the Cydia icon but when I go in it and try to look at any of the apps or anything it says that "cannot locate package" for everything. Is there a problem with Cydia or is there something else I am suppose to download. I am new to jailbreaking the iPhones and so I am confused.

Okay got a question......... I ran Absinthe 2.0 and it said I was done and I have the Cydia icon but when I go in it and try to look at any of the apps or anything it says that "cannot locate package" for everything. Is there a problem with Cydia or is there something else I am suppose to download. I am new to jailbreaking the iPhones and so I am confused.

Cydia is heavily over loaded and this only really happens on the first day or so when a new jailbreak is released, I would advise waiting for later when the traffic dies down so you can then browse and download/upgrade files in cydia more easily

Okay thanks. I was begining to think that something went wrong. Have another noob question...... now that I am jailbroken other than Cydia is there another source for apps or is that it? (besides the app store of course). I am sorry to sound so green. I am used to Android and with that once you are rooted you can get a multitude of apps from other sources outside of google so I am curious if that is the same with the iPhone.

Yeah Cydia says that for me too it recommending to download more sources, so no BigBoss for me yet :(

I will check later on to see.

I miss my sbsettings.

By the way there is ni Springboard loaded with Cydia right now.

Okay thanks. I was begining to think that something went wrong. Have another noob question...... now that I am jailbroken other than Cydia is there another source for apps or is that it? (besides the app store of course). I am sorry to sound so green. I am used to Android and with that once you are rooted you can get a multitude of apps from other sources outside of google so I am curious if that is the same with the iPhone.

In Cydia there is a link that says more sources, but you must be weary to 3rd party sources you take the risk of
fudging your phone or having security leaks, so becareful and look up reviews on who is a reputable source.