What's new

4s jailbreak help??

avi88

Reaction score
Hey guys, its finally released!! :D, but, I tried jailbreaking at my mates on a mac, and it did not work, I clicked
the absinthe app, then it rebooted after a few attempts, but then the same app was still up, not cydia.
Now I am home, and have a pc, aparently the windown CLI is out, But i dnt understand how to run it with CMD
can anyone help?

Your problem is likely because there is to much traffic on the Cydia server. Keep trying. You'll get in one of those times. I JB my ipad2 last night about midnight. Had no problems.

But doing the jb on someone elses Mac will work as long as you sign in to your own iTunes account or what? I'm confused as to how that works.

Edit: and if I jb on a mac, will it cause me problems when I hook back up to my own pc?

I am also having trouble with this jailbreak. I go through the install process with my mac and the app Absinthe installs fine. Then when i open the app as directed to finish the jailbreak it tells me to try again or close the app. I tried over and over for what must have been an hour and never had anything happen. Except that now when I go into the Absinthe app on my iPad its just a blank screen. No options to try again or close the app. What should I do?

Edit: Nevermind...Found this tutorial and it worked great!

Last edited:
If you have the CLI version for Windows, I believe the following works once you have extracted the zip file to your disk...

Step 1: Open a command prompt or go to the Start menu and click on Run, then enter CMD.exe
Step 2: Change directory using the "cd" command to the folder where you have put the CLI tool... e.g. "cd C:\folder_name"
Step 3: Execute command: “cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig”
Step 4: Approve Install request on your device with Next > Next > Finish, (no need to enter a password when prompted)
Step 5: Execute command: “cinject.exe -j payloads” and wait for it to finish...
Step 6: Execute command: “cinject.exe -w” and wait for it to finish...
Step 7: Find and Run Absinthe webclip on your device.
If you get error establishing database connection on the last step don't disconnect your device, just go to Settings and turn on VPN settings.

The device should reset and "Cydia" should then be on your springboard in place of where Absinthe used to be.

Hope that helps.

i only able to jailbreak my iphone 4s after reset to factory setting. I always get error at cinject.exe -j payloads with message line 1622.

If you have the CLI version for Windows, I believe the following works once you have extracted the zip file to your disk...

Step 1: Open a command prompt or go to the Start menu and click on Run, then enter CMD.exe
Step 2: Change directory using the "cd" command to the folder where you have put the CLI tool... e.g. "cd C:\folder_name"
Step 3: Execute command: “cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig”
Step 4: Approve Install request on your device with Next > Next > Finish, (no need to enter a password when prompted)
Step 5: Execute command: “cinject.exe -j payloads” and wait for it to finish...
Step 6: Execute command: “cinject.exe -w” and wait for it to finish...
Step 7: Find and Run Absinthe webclip on your device.
If you get error establishing database connection on the last step don't disconnect your device, just go to Settings and turn on VPN settings.

The device should reset and "Cydia" should then be on your springboard in place of where Absinthe used to be.

Hope that helps.

You belief is correct, I have done an IPAD2 and an IPHONE4S.

However...

...both has issues during the “cinject.exe -j payloads” stage. Came up with an error after the backup.

The solution was to wipe both devices and do a factory restore then JB.

Enusre that you have NO passcode set or you will run into issues.

Found a good guide [Moderator edit: We have guides here at iPhone forums. Please use them. Thanks.] on how to jailbreak, check it out if you are having any problems. The author there helped me solve mine! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back