What's new

4s J/B Problems

ds63

Reaction score
Ok, I'll try to get answers over here. When I j/b my phone using Absinthe I keep having issues. First time I did it some of my music would not play, second time I tried everything seemed to work well until I shut the phone off. I downloaded winterboard and had the Apple Skull and when I turned it on in the morning it was back to my original theme. So I hit the winterboard icon nothing happened, nothing happened when I tried the Cydia icon either. When I did the j/b both times it seemed to go according to the tutorial except I never got the VPN prompt, don't know if this had anything to do with it.Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

ds63: Please do not make another post on the same problem. Not only does it fragment the conversation and make it difficult to follow, it's against the forum rules. I deleted your other post - please keep all further questions and comments about this issue to this thread.

In addition, this is an international forum. Please do not assume your post is being ignored - most have probably not seen it yet (given that you only posted yesterday). Again per our rules, give your question 48 hours to get a response, then post - to the same thread - an update or a request for help again; don't start another thread.

Thanks for your understanding. And, while I don't know the answer to your question, I will join with you I hoping that someone will be along to help you out. Good luck.

Marilyn

You have jailbroken with a tethered version which means you cannot turn off your iPhone as all will be lost.

You need to jailbreak with an un tethered version which allows you to turn off your phone whenever you want.

chunky said:
You have jailbroken with a tethered version which means you cannot turn off your iPhone as all will be lost.

You need to jailbreak with an un tethered version which allows you to turn off your phone whenever you want.

the 4s jailbreak is untethered. read the whole post before u post.

Ok, I'll try to get answers over here. When I j/b my phone using Absinthe I keep having issues. First time I did it some of my music would not play, second time I tried everything seemed to work well until I shut the phone off. I downloaded winterboard and had the Apple Skull and when I turned it on in the morning it was back to my original theme. So I hit the winterboard icon nothing happened, nothing happened when I tried the Cydia icon either. When I did the j/b both times it seemed to go according to the tutorial except I never got the VPN prompt, don't know if this had anything to do with it.Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I too didn't get a vpn prompt when i was jail breaking my iPhone 4S. What version of Absinthe did you use to jailbreak your iPhone? I suggest you look for the version 0.3 as that's the version i've use and it works for me, also you have to factory rest your iPhone before jailbreak it again. Good luck.