What's new

HELP!! iPod not working in iPhone 4

okizen

Reaction score
I've lost control of the ipod app.in my jailbroken iPhone 4. The ipod icon is still there
and when I select it, it opens but nothing happens when I select the icons at the bottom.
It just says 'No Content' and I know that I had some music videos on. I've tried to 'Reset
All Settings' but that didn't work. Is there anyway of getting the iPod to function
correctly again?

you can try to restore it going through DFU mode then JB it again if that works, but im not sure about the whole firmware thing

Thanx sakumaxp but I don't want to try the DFU mode because like you said there may be issues with the firmware restore and jailbreak.

Juss sync in iTunes and reboot your ip4 sometime, I get that problem

Thanx Paulskimy but iTunes read my iPhone's capacity as n/a but I have over half a gig of software on it. And iTunes wants to restore and update and not restore only. Is there any other way to fix this problem?

Thanx Paulskimy but iTunes read my iPhone's capacity as n/a but I have over half a gig of software on it. And iTunes wants to restore and update and not restore only. Is there any other way to fix this problem?

Unfortunately, it sounds like your musicplayer.app is corrupted. Unless you know exactly what file(s) are corrupted, itll be too hard to fix. Since you are jailbroken, save your shsh blobs via cydia or umbrella. That way you can restore but dont have to update and can rejailbreak. Pretty much your only solution is a restore tho.

Thanx for your reply Alude904. Guess I'll have to wait for Jailbeak 4.1 because I tried to save the blobs on TinyUmbrellabut the response was 'CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE'.

Thanx for your reply Alude904. Guess I'll have to wait for Jailbeak 4.1 because I tried to save the blobs on TinyUmbrellabut the response was 'CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE'.

What?????? Are you serious? You look up what that message means on the internet beside youre just too late