What's new

Iphone 4S- Absinthe "URL Cannot Be Found" error

bridges31

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been brought up. I did some searching and couldn't find anything and I read all of the stickies.

I'm at the end of my ropes trying to jailbreak my 4S with the absinthe program. I follwed all of the instructions like it said, but when I get to the point where it tells me to tap on the Absinthe icon, it tries to load for about 1 minute and then says "The URL Cannont be Shown".

Then, following suggestions of things I've read, I tried to turn the VPN connection on to force it to restart. When I get the error message when trying to do the VPN connection, I click "OK" and nothing happens (according to tutorials I've read, it's supposed to restart the phone).

I've done the following:

-Made sure my passcode lock was turned off
-Reset my settings on my phone to default
-System back up/restore, then tried jailbreaking again- no luck
-System restore without backing up my phone and still the absinthe program didn't work.

I've literally spent about 5 hours trying to do this and I can't figure it out. Any help would be much appriciated. It's probably something really simple that I'm missing but I just can't find it.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Of course, now that I make a thread about it, it finally works. I don't know what I did differently but it just decided to reboot. Now I have cydia so I should be all set right?

bridges31 said:
Of course, now that I make a thread about it, it finally works. I don't know what I did differently but it just decided to reboot. Now I have cydia so I should be all set right?

Yes. Just happens sometimes.

Same with me, I tried with my friends phone for like 2 hours and nothing

Always worth just toggling off the wifi / 3G and then putting it back on using the Settings app (this won't interrupt the jailbreak provided you do not disconnect the iPhone from the PC).
You do need an active internet connection and sometimes it takes a little while to come up after the reboot...