What's new

Absinthe win-0.5 and 4S 5.1 Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Reaction score
I've been searching the web for information on this. Jailbreak iPhone 4S iOS 5.1 in 2 minutes has announced they have a jailbreak for the iphone 4S on iOS 5.1. Is this in fact able to be done? The downloaded file is absinthe win-0.2, obviously doesn't work. But in searching I have absinthe win-0.5 and when connected to my iPhone 4S it says that it is supported and can jailbreak....I'm leary about trying to actually do it and mess up my phone. I have an uncontracted and unlocked iPhone 4S from the apple store on AT&T. Not new to the iphone and jailbreaking, but it has been a while, and definitely new to the 4S. Thanks, any help appreciated.

-Slevin

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't try it until its confirmed that it works because there is no jailbreak yet for A5 devices such as your 4s. I did find a untethered jailbreak for (A4 devices) on ios 5.1 like the iphone 4 and ipad but everyone is like its a scam and I keep getting reported for it even though I show it works after I do the jailbreak.

Ok thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for something more official to hit.

-Slevin

Looks legit? 100% money back Guarantee ? I have see 2 different videos with a 4S on 5.1 running cydia on youtube. So it has to be real, right?

When there is 5.1 jailbreak for A5+ devices, we will announce it, please stop making posts about untrusted sources. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.