What's new

4.3.4 jailbreak crash + reset DFU

bab2010 said:
What I meant is that it's pretty hard and tricky to downgrade from iOS 4.3.4 to iOS 4.3.3 or lower even with shsh saved. But I do not know if it's happening only in my region or if it's global, iTunes intercept any communication with saurik server for shsh key and then return error 3194 all the time, when I manage to get the key to validate the ipsw, i'm stuck with error 1013 and it's an infinite loops.

That should just be the baseband failing to downgrade though? (which is normal)
If you use TinyUmbrella you should be able to choose "Exit Recovery" and you will be golden.

Baseband? I'm not trying to downgrade my baseband, I was trying to downgrade my iOS. And iTunes is the one giving those error messages. Impossible to pass by the 1013 at the moment when running TSS server to get ipsw signed. And tinyUmbrella fails to kick out the iPhone from recovery mode on iOS 4.3.4 instead I've used recboot.

bab2010 said:
Baseband? I'm not trying to downgrade my baseband, I was trying to downgrade my iOS. And iTunes is the one giving those error messages. Impossible to pass by the 1013 at the moment when running TSS server to get ipsw signed. And tinyUmbrella fails to kick out the iPhone from recovery mode on iOS 4.3.4 instead I've used recboot.

Yes, but you understand that the baseband is included within the IPSW file and no matter what you do, if you try and install an IPSW file iTunes will try and install the baseband in that file, right? Baseband can never be done separately from IOS.
That's why the process of downgrading IOS will fail at the end, when the baseband downgrade fails or valid baseband blobs are not supplied (and baseband blobs can only come from Apple), and will require you to kick the device out of recovery mode.

You might have mode luck (no promises) with TU if you take the following steps, since the baseband did not change and will get signed by Apple...

1. On Advanced tab of TU, make sure you have "Set hosts to Cydia on exit" UNTICKED.
2. Start TSS Server
3. Put iPhone into DFU Mode
4. Shift-restore / option-restore the 4.3.3 file using iTunes
5. As soon as the IOS firmware has been verified and has started installing (progress bar is moving on the iPhone), you should STOP TinyUmbrella because it has done its work and make sure you EXIT it.
6. That will set your hosts back to pointing at Apple, and when the baseband signature check comes up at the end of the install it should ask Apple for those blobs. Because the baseband is valid, Apple should provide the signature and you should not get the 1013 from iTunes.

Now you should be back up and running with 4.3.3.

Hope that helps.

Yes, but you understand that the baseband is included within the IPSW file and no matter what you do, if you try and install an IPSW file iTunes will try and install the baseband in that file, right? Baseband can never be done separately from IOS.
That's why the process of downgrading IOS will fail at the end, when the baseband downgrade fails or valid baseband blobs are not supplied (and baseband blobs can only come from Apple), and will require you to kick the device out of recovery mode.
no I don't think so. Baseband and downgrading are 2 different things. Plus, iTunes never need to sign my baseband blobs, does the baseband even have blobs keys? I don't think so. My device is a factory unlocked one, and whatever iOS I'm putting in the device shouldn't have any basebanding issue as the hardware of my iPhone is build to be specific to a non changeable baseband. This been said, I think that you are talking about the ipsw, the ipsw is the one which need blobs verifications by iTunes, and yes the downgrading will fail if iTunes can not get proper blobs key for the said ipsw, not for the baseband. There is no baseband blobs coming from apple that i know, but "ipsw blobs keys" yes, the come from apple to sign the ipsw is a way of >= to the latest iOS.

You might have mode luck (no promises) with TU if you take the following steps, since the baseband did not change and will get signed by Apple...
Why baseband? Anyway my baseband didn't change at all, my baseband can't even be change I think, well I've never tried to go down that road.

1. On Advanced tab of TU, make sure you have "Set hosts to Cydia on exit" UNTICKED.
2. Start TSS Server
3. Put iPhone into DFU Mode
4. Shift-restore / option-restore the 4.3.3 file using iTunes
5. As soon as the IOS firmware has been verified and has started installing (progress bar is moving on the iPhone), you should STOP TinyUmbrella because it has done its work and make sure you EXIT it.
6. That will set your hosts back to pointing at Apple, and when the baseband signature check comes up at the end of the install it should ask Apple for those blobs. Because the baseband is valid, Apple should provide the signature and you should not get the 1013 from iTunes.

Now you should be back up and running with 4.3.3.

Hope that helps.

I've done exactly 100% those steps. The error 1013 is always at the conner when iPhone restore almost a 95% of finishing.

OK. We will agree to differ. I shall PM you on the subject rather than talk about it in public.

I think you are right. There seem to be no way to restore to 4.3.3 as Saurik's server is blocked. I get the same errors. Looks like I gotta update to 4.3.4 whether I like it or not.. Darn.

I think you are right. There seem to be no way to restore to 4.3.3 as Saurik's server is blocked. I get the same errors. Looks like I gotta update to 4.3.4 whether I like it or not.. Darn.
Do you mind elaborating your experience? Or it was also the same error 1013 when iOS installation was almost installed into the iPhone?

Do you mind elaborating your experience? Or it was also the same error 1013 when iOS installation was almost installed into the iPhone?

I had the same experience. My phone is carrier base. I used TinyUmbrella, IReb the whole works and my experience was the same as yours. 1013 was the closest I gotten (damn so close and yet so far). After that it was mostly 3194. Tried changing the logs to either delete anything with apple.com or redirect to saurik's server. Both nada. What sux for me was that I had successfully jb using jailbreak 3.0. Everything was going smoothly until my itchy fingers just HAD to use Redsnow to activate the checklist that will animate my boot loading. That was the cause of my ip4's downfall.

I had the same experience. My phone is carrier base. I used TinyUmbrella, IReb the whole works and my experience was the same as yours. 1013 was the closest I gotten (damn so close and yet so far). After that it was mostly 3194. Tried changing the logs to either delete anything with apple.com or redirect to saurik's server. Both nada. What sux for me was that I had successfully jb using jailbreak 3.0. Everything was going smoothly until my itchy fingers just HAD to use Redsnow to activate the checklist that will animate my boot loading. That was the cause of my ip4's downfall.

Pretty much similar to my experience. Thanks for elaborating as this confirming that the Saurik server is not down only in my location.

Wait don't PM, this conversation took me to the exact point i'm stuck at with a device that has been upgraded to 4.3.4, and when attempting to downgrade using a 4.3.3 saved IPSW from a similar device itunes makes it clear that it will upgrade to "the newest software" (ie 4.3.4)
I'm curious what that will do to my already jail broken i4 when i try to sink next,
but also How can I downgrade this upgraded i4 to jailbreak it despite its pitiful softloaded factory iState..?
PLEASE HELP
-_-

NeoTurtle - "I know I said slow and steady, but this is ridiculous"

Im using 4.3.3 but I was thinking on upgrating to 4.3.4,is there any way I can save my 4.3.3 version on my pc in case I need to downgrade to 4.3.3?? I already sAve my ishssh blobs from cydia

neoturtle - If you clicked next, itunes would probably upgrade to 4.3.4. They are all saying you can only go back to 4.3.3 if you have a shsh saved for 4.3.3 BEFORE Apple stopped signing; if you had saved after the signing stopped then you are too late.

banginpadr - Dude why would you want to upgrade to 4.3.4? Nothing new in 4.3.4 except that Apple fixed the untethered jailbreak. Just remain at 4.3.3 coz thats all you are gonna have until the pros have figured out to outwit Apple which may not happen for quite some time.

Im using 4.3.3 but I was thinking on upgrating to 4.3.4,is there any way I can save my 4.3.3 version on my pc in case I need to downgrade to 4.3.3?? I already sAve my ishssh blobs from cydia

On your WINDOWS computer You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Software Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS to 4.3.3 back in time when you were upgrading to iOS 4.3.3. you can copy the ipsw to another location like to your desktop or to an external hard drive.

On a mac computer :
Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iTunes/iPod Firmware

Wait don't PM, this conversation took me to the exact point i'm stuck at with a device that has been upgraded to 4.3.4, and when attempting to downgrade using a 4.3.3 saved IPSW from a similar device itunes makes it clear that it will upgrade to "the newest software" (ie 4.3.4)
I'm curious what that will do to my already jail broken i4 when i try to sink next,
but also How can I downgrade this upgraded i4 to jailbreak it despite its pitiful softloaded factory iState..?
PLEASE HELP
-_-

NeoTurtle - "I know I said slow and steady, but this is ridiculous"

You coul have easily be able to downgrade your iOS even being having a jailbreaked iOS now. But Saurik server is not responding well and so the downgrade will fail at the end with error 1013. You can try out to downgrade though, maybe the Saurik server is up working well already, I haven't try it since about 3days now.

Sorry Guys, I have been away for the weekend and that is why I have been quiet.

I did a lot of research into this problem today and we have a solution!

First off, it is not a problem with Cydia / Saurik's servers or anything like that. It is a new countermeasure specific to downgrading once 4.3.4 has been installed. The recovery loop cannot be exited without some extra work.

I have performed the upgrade to 4.3.4 and a downgrade to 4.3.3 today. I have exactly the same problems you mentioned, namely a recovery mode loop which could not be exited. Below is a HOW-TO guide with the new steps you must do to get you out of this loop.

I have tested it now twice and it works perfectly.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...ecovery-loop-following-4-3-4-downgrade-17494/

Hope that helps.

Last edited: