What's new

4.3.4 jailbreak crash + reset DFU

Dch

Reaction score
I know we can not upgrade to this but as I am very new to JB I am wondering what would happen if my 4 crashed and I had to reset DFU. This has happened and I used Itunes to restore the phone but obviously now it would update me to 4.3.4 instead of the 4.3.3. Is there any way to avoid this?

Do I just use redsnow if I ever have to put it in DFU mode, this is only in case it crashes or sticks on the apple logo which it has done before.

Last edited:
To help, we need a bit more info. What version of IOS do you have on your phone now. Is it 4.3.3? It's not clear.
And have you ever saved your SHSH Blobs?
When you open Cydia, what does the top line in green say on the home page? Does it say SHSH: 4.3.3 or similar?
Answer those questions and I can give you some advice. OK?

To help, we need a bit more info. What version of IOS do you have on your phone now. Is it 4.3.3? It's not clear.
When you open Cydia, what does the top line in green say on the home page? Does it say SHSH: 4.3.3 or similar?

With being new to this I have never saved my blobs I am on 4.3.3 and my cydia has SHSH: 4.3.3 at the top I think its green (I'm colourblind).

I have also changed my HOST file to redirect to bypass apple so it goes to the cydia server.

With being new to this I have never saved my blobs I am on 4.3.3 and my cydia has SHSH: 4.3.3 at the top I think its green (I'm colourblind).

I have also changed my HOST file to redirect to bypass apple so it goes to the cydia server.

No, that's fine. The good news is that Cydia has been saving your blobs for you, so you are able to restore to 4.3.3 any time you want. And you have redirected your hosts file to Cydia so you are pretty much good to go should the worst happen.

If you do need to restore, just download the 4.3.3 firmware (we have a sticky with the links if you need it), and then open iTunes and shift-restore (option-restore on OSX). That means hold down the shift key whilst pressing the restore button in iTunes with your mouse.
iTunes will prompt you to pick the firmware to restore, and you should choose the 4.3.3 file you downloaded.

If you used jailbreakme.com 3.0 to jailbreak, that will work. If you used any of the other tools, you will need to put the device into DFU mode before you shift-restore in iTunes. We have a sticky on that as well.

If you get stuck in recovery mode at the end of the process, just donwnload TinyUmbrealla and use the "Exit Recovery" button provided in that.

But honestly, don't fret about it until it happens. Just enjoy your jailbreak knowing you have it covered. OK?

Last edited:

No, that's fine. The good news is that Cydia has been saving your blobs for you, so you are able to restore to 4.3.3 any time you want. And you have redirected your hosts file to Cydia so you are pretty much good to go should the worst happen.

If you do need to restore, just download the 4.3.3 firmware (we have a sticky with the links if you need it), and then open iTunes and shift-restore (option-restore on OSX). That means hold down the shift key whilst pressing the restore button in iTunes with your mouse.
iTunes will prompt you to pick the firmware to restore, and you should choose the 4.3.3 file you downloaded.

If you used jailbreakme.com 3.0 to jailbreak, that will work. If you used any of the other tools, you will need to put the device into DFU mode before you shift-restore in iTunes. We have a sticky on that as well.

If you get stuck in recovery mode at the end of the process, just donwnload TinyUmbrealla and use the "Exit Recovery" button provided in that.

But honestly, don't fret about it until it happens. Just enjoy your jailbreak knowing you have it covered. OK?

Cheers, Same process as my first jailbreak then. I have never used Jailbreakme so all good..

Even with saved shsh of iOS 4.3.3 once it ask for restore, you are going to upgrade to 4.3.4 whatever you do simply because the saurik shsh server is block some how and iTunes knows now exactly when it's communicating if apple or with saurik sever. When you force a bit, with or without iTunes will return error 3194 on the screen, when you use tinyUmbrella TSS server, iTunes goes through the shsh validation, almost at the end of the installation iTunes give 1013 error. It doesn't matter how you modify the host files, or reboot your computer, iPhone in DFU or RECOVERY modes doesn't seem to affect that behavior of iTunes.

Black F.U iPhone 4 with stock iOS 4.3.4.

Cheers, Same process as my first jailbreak then. I have never used Jailbreakme so all good..

Back on 4.3.3 ?

Yes I am on 4.3.3 still, which was jailbroke via your post which was on here using resnow and iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore file. So wat you say about cydia servers and apple knows when they are being used itunes will put me on 4.3.4 no matter what if my phone ever crashes or freezes? or have I got it wrong?

I think it was just a misunderstanding. You are on 4.3.3. If you follow the advice I gave, if the worst happens, you can stay on 4.3.3 because you have your blobs. No need for 4.3.4. As I said, don't worry about it. Nothing has gone wrong yet for you to even consider a restore! Just enjoy it...

Back on 4.3.3 ?

Yes I am on 4.3.3 still, which was jailbroke via your post which was on here using resnow and iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore file. So wat you say about cydia servers and apple knows when they are being used itunes will put me on 4.3.4 no matter what if my phone ever crashes or freezes? or have I got it wrong?

What I meant is that it's pretty hard and tricky to downgrade from iOS 4.3.4 to iOS 4.3.3 or lower even with shsh saved. But I do not know if it's happening only in my region or if it's global, iTunes intercept any communication with saurik server for shsh key and then return error 3194 all the time, when I manage to get the key to validate the ipsw, i'm stuck with error 1013 and it's an infinite loops.

bab2010 said:
What I meant is that it's pretty hard and tricky to downgrade from iOS 4.3.4 to iOS 4.3.3 or lower even with shsh saved. But I do not know if it's happening only in my region or if it's global, iTunes intercept any communication with saurik server for shsh key and then return error 3194 all the time, when I manage to get the key to validate the ipsw, i'm stuck with error 1013 and it's an infinite loops.

That should just be the baseband failing to downgrade though? (which is normal)
If you use TinyUmbrella you should be able to choose "Exit Recovery" and you will be golden.