What's new

4.3.1 UNTETHERED JAILBREAK TUTORIAL RedSn0w MAC & WINDOWS iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

Hello! I have successfully jail broken my iPhone 4! .. However, i have noticed that any thing i try and download from Cydia does not download? Im getting some sort of error, for every single app! Any ideas?

Is it possible to Un-Jailbreak?

Thanks.

Did you manually added some repos in cydia? If not, after you open cydia let it update completely your sources, you will see the wheel turning somewhere on top of the page after the update it maybe give some error or just nothing and the turning wheel will also go away. If there is no error, then you can look up for your apps or tweaks and install them, if there are errors, either you are having a bad source which can't be update or your Internet connection is bad.

Hello! I have successfully jail broken my iPhone 4! .. However, i have noticed that any thing i try and download from Cydia does not download? Im getting some sort of error, for every single app! Any ideas?

Is it possible to Un-Jailbreak?

Thanks.

restoring or updating your iphone will remove all traces of the jailbreak..

sounds like your cydia needs updating

Im connected to my WiFi and im not downloading nothing on my laptop so the internet connection is fine.

As for uninstalling the jail break, wont that reset my whole phone? i have new music, videos, pictures and apps. How would i go about saving all my new things before resetting the phone. I know with the pictures/vids its easy enough, i can access them through 'My Computer', but i havent got a was to save my music or apps.

Or would my iPhone still sync to iTunes?

Thanks.

Im connected to my WiFi and im not downloading nothing on my laptop so the internet connection is fine.

As for uninstalling the jail break, wont that reset my whole phone? i have new music, videos, pictures and apps. How would i go about saving all my new things before resetting the phone. I know with the pictures/vids its easy enough, i can access them through 'My Computer', but i havent got a was to save my music or apps.

Or would my iPhone still sync to iTunes?

Thanks.

Connect your phone to iTunes and left clic the iPhone icon which you can see in the left panel in the list that show upon your right click, select backup and let iTunes backup the phone.

Hello again every one, i havent been here for a long time as every thing has been going great with my Jailbroke iPhone 4.
Its on IOS 4.3.1 and i now think that the time has come for me to update the phone to a newer IOS so i can transfer all my pictures, music, videos etc and start afresh.
I have had a search around and havent found much directly answering some of the questions i have to ask like what is the best or recommended IOS for me to update to from here.
So i was hoping/wondering if you could please answer some of my following questions and if you had any tips for me when updating my iphone to a newer version, im really hoping you can help on things like:

If there are any programs i can use to keep all my Cydia apps in a similar way to iTunes stores the apps for you while updating;
What is the best IOS Untethered version to update to;
What version of Itunes i should use;
What Jailbreak to use for the new IOS

And anything else inbetween that you think that would be very useful to me aswell would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance guys, ill always come here for info you you guys are the pros and you know what your doing, you are all so clued up on these things and there is so much to it i just find the whole thing overwhelming. :eek:

Thanks again guys! :)

Hello again every one, i havent been here for a long time as every thing has been going great with my Jailbroke iPhone 4.
Its on IOS 4.3.1 and i now think that the time has come for me to update the phone to a newer IOS so i can transfer all my pictures, music, videos etc and start afresh.
I have had a search around and havent found much directly answering some of the questions i have to ask like what is the best or recommended IOS for me to update to from here.
So i was hoping/wondering if you could please answer some of my following questions and if you had any tips for me when updating my iphone to a newer version, im really hoping you can help on things like:

If there are any programs i can use to keep all my Cydia apps in a similar way to iTunes stores the apps for you while updating;
What is the best IOS Untethered version to update to;
What version of Itunes i should use;
What Jailbreak to use for the new IOS

And anything else inbetween that you think that would be very useful to me aswell would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance guys, ill always come here for info you you guys are the pros and you know what your doing, you are all so clued up on these things and there is so much to it i just find the whole thing overwhelming. :eek:

Thanks again guys! :)

hi there!

If there are any programs i can use to keep all my Cydia apps in a similar way to iTunes stores the apps for you while updating; you can use a few apps, I will mention two of them

1. pkgbackup - not free
2. aptbackup - free

What is the best IOS Untethered version to update to; latest firmware that has an un tethered jailbreak is 4.3.3 and you can use jailbreakme.com for that though ios 5 has a semi tethered jailbreak.

What version of Itunes i should use; the latest one

What Jailbreak to use for the new IOS use:- redsn0w