What's new

4.2.6 Jailbreak question with Green Poison

FireItUpFish

Reaction score
I'am new to the iphone and have been researching jailbreaking before i actually attempt it.I have the verizon Iphone 4 with firmware 4.2.6 currently.I"ve read that Green Poison would be the best to use for jailbreaking.I want to know the Do's and Dont's before and after jailbreaking.So far i know to obviously back up the phone in Itunes before the jailbreak.Anything else helpful would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

All I did was backup the phone first and then ran greenpoison on my laptop. It was that easy. Jail broke on the first try. I recommend it even for the novice. Even counts down the time for each step of holding down buttons to get dfu mode. I like that it doesn't change anything just gives you access to more apps and tweaks. I personally like the stock apple experience just wanted to change a few things.

Good luck. When in doubt Google it out.

I've been thinking about jailbreaking my phone also. I gotta admit that I am a little scared to do it.
Can you still connect it to iTunes and download apps and music from the app store and still be able to sync and download updates to itunes apps after a jailbreak?

Nothing is taken away from jailbreaking, just plenty of stuff that can be added...!