What's new

3g internet problems help please

lowrider69

Reaction score
Hi i,m having problems with my 3g phone it used to be pretty fast both the phone and the internet but now it seems to be really slow and trying to use the internet is just not worth bothering with as it takes so long to load, it wont stream a video anymore either, it all used to be fine some 6 months ago does anyone know why it's slowed down to much has anyone else had this problem?

How many GB's or MB's do you have on your data plan? could be that you have run out of data.

i checked my average usage with vodafone and its only 100mb a month so dont think its how much i use i,m well under what i can use

lowrider, try a speedtest at wi-fi locations -- like your local library or other reliable wi-fi locales. You might have to download and install the free speedtest.net app, but it's well worth it. It will tell you that your speed is good/bad depending on your location. If you get great speed test results at these places and get bad results at home, then perhaps your home location is being throttled by your ISP. Note: you didn't say whether your slow speeds were "everywhere." In any case, I doubt the iPhone device is responsible for slow Internet speeds.

Just dont a speed test and here are the results inside my home will try them again when at the shops in bit as well ....

download was 1.69mbps
upload was 0.28mbps
ping was 317ms

is that a good speed for 3g?

Just dont a speed test and here are the results inside my home will try them again when at the shops in bit as well ....

download was 1.69mbps
upload was 0.28mbps
ping was 317ms

is that a good speed for 3g?

I'm having almost the same result and my 3G is pretty fast. I can stream YouTube VEVO videos without having them interrupt at all when I'm having full bars.

what os you on bab?? mine worked fine on the 3os but since we upgraded to the 4.2.1os thats when i think it slowed right down...i have to do something tho as its pointless like this as cant do nowt with my iphone 3

Go to this website on your iPhone: http://i.dslr.net/iphone_speedtest.html

There you will see the actual speed of your 3G connection.
Here is a screenshot of mine:
7b79735e-5c85-02f2.jpg