What's new

250meg internet allowance

scrivs

Reaction score
hi G/F is on
250meg internet allowance on dolphin orange can anyone give me idea of what she might get with this, she will use it about 30 mins to an hour a day on things like general browsing email facebook and sometimes bbci player.

250MB should be enough for light browsing. If she is planning on streaming music / videos then it will chew up a bit more. Just have her monitor it closely so she doesn't go over.

250 megs / month will be enough for her to keep in touch with all her boyfriends and boy toys over myspace and facebook. But if she turns on the web cam and does a chat over skype at night when you asleep, then it won't be enough.

If she has wifi at home and work that would help a lot.

250mb/month. You are able to be on skype, nimbuz, whatsapp, facebook, tweeter, 24/24h 30/30days. As for internet and email, that 250mb can handle it well if you don't load images and downloads songs files etc... I have 150mb/month and i'm on all my social networks from 8am to 7pm and i don't even use all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the bbci player wont work on 3g and none of the 3g un restrictor apps make it work either,... plus 250megs isent even enough for one tv episode you will use it up before the episode runs out

One TV Episode of what??

My wife is an avid Netflix watcher and watches hour long shows in HD all of the time. Using a data monitor, she only used 30 megs for one 1/2 hour show in HD... not sure what you are watching that would take up 250 megs in a single show.

One TV Episode of what??

My wife is an avid Netflix watcher and watches hour long shows in HD all of the time. Using a data monitor, she only used 30 megs for one 1/2 hour show in HD... not sure what you are watching that would take up 250 megs in a single show.

well thats what i am saying... the 250mb is nothing and especially in HD it wont be 10 minutes of what ever she is watching on the BBCI, plus the bbci will not work on the 3g connection no matter what jb app you use, 3g un restrictor or any other... wifi only

One TV Episode of what??

well thats what i am saying... the 250mb is nothing and especially in HD it wont be 10 minutes of what ever she is watching on the BBCI, plus the bbci will not work on the 3g connection no matter what jb app you use, 3g un restrictor or any other... wifi only

Then if it only works on WiFi, its a moot point right? Since it wont be eating up her data plan...

exactly, i tried to use it with 3g un restrictor and another 3g app but the bbci player loads but no movies or shows will play.. but if you could get it to work the 250mb would be gone in 10 minutes max

250 megs / month will be enough for her to keep in touch with all her boyfriends and boy toys over myspace and facebook. But if she turns on the web cam and does a chat over skype at night when you asleep, then it won't be enough.

If she has wifi at home and work that would help a lot.

LOL I'm sure that helped! :)

I saw this bottleneck in Internet usage before I got my iPhone, so I made sure to get my contract with Verizon, and I'm on their unlimited data usage plan. As long as I have my current contract with them, I can keep unlimited data forever without worry of hitting monthly limits. :>)