What's new

Battery Issues - Phone4 and IPod.

mags2276

Reaction score
Hi,
I have Ipod since 4 years and its integral part of me. Recently I purchased Iphone4 16gb. The only problem I see is my Ipod battery works almost 2 days with use of 7-8 hours per day but Iphone battery is really a dud...Daily usage includes 20-25 calls, few messages, 30 mins of mails, 30 mins of web browsing (3g), 30 mins of games and my batter is reduced to 20-25% from 100%....I need to charge it everyday...Do any one have better idea for longivity of battery or suggest me where I am wrong or overusing Iphone ?

Doesn't sound too bad to me. I charge mine two or three times a day, but it's rarely idle.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

This biggest difference between the iPod and the iPhone is the cellular radio... which uses soooo much more power to run. Some may think that making a couple dozen calls, checking your email and browsing FB on and off throughout the day shouldn't run down the battery... but it does.

Please try to give your iphone a full charging cycle. And let the battery run down completely and then charge it fully. Make observations and use the phone for a week and see what you get out of a FULL charge, then report the numbers.

Personally I find iPhone 4 battery life to be 20-30% better than before phones.

Regards,

Hi,

Good idea to follow the above advice to calibrate your battery.

Also turn off the diagnostics set to "on" by apple in the settings section.

My iPhone gave me 1 to 1.5 days usage with moderate usage.

Because peoples usage patterns differ and the amount of work each iPhone carries out to stay connected to the networks actual usage patterns will vastly differ in degree.