What's new

Safari doesn't load youtube videos

WhiteHand

Reaction score
Hi,
as u can read my previous post, I've restored ios by itunes on my iphone 6s. I used the dfu and the I reinstalled the whole operating system.
But the fresh install has already a problem. Safari doesn't load youtube videos.
I mean, it loads everything about youtube, but when it load the video there is the classic icon that rotate to load the video, but the video didn't load. Sometime it load after 15 or 20-30 seconds. But generally goes to timeout.
Is it strange ?
Other details: I use a wifi to connect to internet, if I use a vpn to browse the internet youtube works fine. If I use an other wifi again youtube works fine. The wifi I'm using now is not mine, but if I use this wifi with the pc youtube works fine.
Then problem seem connect with iphone+this wifi+youtube.
The youtube app with this wifi works fine.
Do u have any ideas ?
(I have restored my iphone because I suspected my phone was been infected by a virus, and the virus was responsible of the youtube malfunction)

Based on your post your YouTube problem is not in your iPhone but in your WiFi router. Is there a reason why you can’t change the router?

I'm sorry, my english is terrible.
Anyway, yeah I can't change the router because is not mine.
But, the router works well with pc and as I remember it worked well with an other iphone 6 (not 6s). Also youtube is under https then how the router can interferes with the video loading ? And interferes with the phone but not with pc ? It's strange.
Anyway I'm agree with you it must be a router problem.

If you can access a public WiFi hotspot try it there and see if it works. This would be proof that the problem is not with your iPhone.
It’s not uncommon for a device to have problems with a router when other devices have no problem at all with the same router.