What's new

10 simple reasons why I dumped Android for the iPhone 4S

Technarchy

Reaction score
I finally got fed up and dumped android for an iPhone 4S. Here's why.

1. I shouldn't have to handle hardware and software integration to get android to offer the best performance. This should be done by the device manufacturer. I have a job. I don't need another one.

2. Android is poorly supported by carriers and manufacturers. You'd be lucky to see one major update a year on a brand new device. Apple gave the 3 year old 3GS their current iOS5. Better support good, less support bad, especially when talking two year contracts. No more aggravation for me from waiting 6 months to a year for an android OS update that will outdated as soon as it is released.

3. The games selection sucks on android. iOS gets all the big budget titles from big name games developers. Also Infinity Blade 2 works on a 3 year old 3GS. Good luck getting Shadowgun to run on your HTC Evo.

4. 95% of android phones are suck-ass horrible laggy messes. iOS is super smooth, stable and allows me to do what I really want to be doing, which is not tweaking roms to keep the phone from sucking. There is no such thing as a bad iPhone. There are plenty of horrible android phones.

5. iPhones have a better battery life. More time surfing, gaming, messaging and talking without a charge needed. This makes the iPhone a better lifestyle accommodating device.

6. All the Google ecosystem apps I need on android are also on iOS. (Search, Voice, Maps, Youtube, Gmail, etc etc)

7. iOS has greater cohesiveness between apps, OS features and hardware. With android you can tell there is almost zero synergy between apps, hardware and OS. This is true even on Google's own Galaxy Nexus.

8. iOS versions of apps look and flow better than android versions. Examples: Sprint users app.

9. Android phones retain zero value after a couple of months. 3GS iPhones still command a price of a few hundred dollars, which is great for selling to fund an iPhone5.

10. Fragmentation...

Now this list does not suggest android does nothing right. Not true at all, but these are the main reasons why I dumped android, and probably will not be returning.

Thats why android has MORE apps than IOS, since there is no need for Developers to submit their apps to Google for review.

Sent from my iPhone4 8g using Forum Runner

Never had an Android, but almost got one over the iPhone 4 ........phew!lol

My main phone remains a Droid X, and I enjoy using different ROMs on it and the level of customization. The iPhone 4 is my secondary phone that I also like, but it's a myth if you think I get better battery life with the iPhone.
Each phone takes a one week turn at being the daily driver. If I had to keep only one, it would be the Droid X.
Flame away.

You forgot to mention the freakin' huge aftermarket support that the iphone get's when it comes to accessories. Before I had an iPhone I would get so mad that all the cool docking stations, stereo's, treadmills, were only iphone compatible.

Androids have horrible battery life but almost the same as the iPhone IMO

I had an android and the battery sucked compared to my new iPhone 4s. The android would die within 2 hours surfing the web or using apps. My iPhone I can use for 10+ hours doing all that an more.

yeah you are right! my room mate bought a galaxy tablet 7.7, i suggested her to return it and exchange for an ipad2 instead, im an iphone user and when I browsed the galaxy tab, man it's horrible! not friendly user when u are used to iOS.

jazzkid said:
yeah you are right! my room mate bought a galaxy tablet 7.7, i suggested her to return it and exchange for an ipad2 instead, im an iphone user and when I browsed the galaxy tab, man it's horrible! not friendly user when u are used to iOS.

Android is especially hideous on tablets. Honeycomb is dreadful. Slow, laggy, buggy.

I haven't tried ICS yet in tablet form, but I doubt it will be much better based upon my time with the GNEX

I agree with you. My last phone was the htc hero on sprint. While it was great since it was my first touch screen phone I found it was no where near as capable as the iPhone 3G which was current at the time. There are certain little things I miss about the android platform but I can live with it given all my 4s is capable of.