What's new

Your biggest complaint about Apple or the iPhone 4?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's biggest complaint is about either Apple, the iPhone 4 or even iOS in general?

I have a few, and I can't really narrow it down to my single biggest.

1. I'm upset that Apple is forcing developers to "use their tools" and only their tools. Programmers are a picky bunch of people and for Apple to force their choices to me seems unnecessary.

2. Apple appears to be at war with Google, and to hurt Google they've put a rule in place that Google's recent acquisition, AdMob is no longer able to be used on the iPhone. To me, this is an anti-competitive practice and that's why the FTC is looking into it. I think Apple is in the wrong... as a consumer and a publisher, the more choices for ad platforms the better.

This is Apple's attempt at hurting Google, and the consumer is the innocent victim getting hit.

3. Apple's App-Store approval process is bad. From being hypocritical, inconsistent, slow and down right censoring some apps. There's not much about the process that is "good" IMHO.

What are your thoughts?

I have to agree with you on number 1. Being new to Apple products it's a real barrier to dabble in programming for the platform.

Since I don't have the phone yet it's hard for me to really chime in about issues.

The one thing I do see from owning the iPad is that I have photos all over the place and I haven't found anything to bring them all together. Would be nice to go into the photo app and be able to see your sync'd photos as well as what you have on other sites. Picasa, Facebook, etc.

probably will still be no bluetooth send/receive apple are stupid for having it disabled for reasons none other then more itunes money, they dont care about copy laws like they say

Oh I'm staying out of this one.. ;)

nothing bad to say about it?;p i cant wait to get mine but its still not perfect there are a few things i would not mind added but can live without or jailbreak can enable it

I know it helps the phone, but I would really want to fill in the breaks in the antenna band

oh i have plenty bad to say about the CURRENT apple/OS, but much of that is changing with the new stuff. and honestly i'm not sure i know enough about the stuff coming out to make a good argument for or against.. but hey, that's why i'm here (well, that, and to keep the peace ;))..

I know it helps the phone, but I would really want to fill in the breaks in the antenna band

they are likely connected somewhere.. or are you talking about for aesthetic purposes?

From a UK point of view my biggest complaint would be that the launch has been a complete shambles. The only way you can get one at the minute is direct from apple either full price for unlocked or without knowing the price before you buy if you want a contract.

Not that I do but none of the 5 UK suppliers have given their handset prices to go with their contract. I believe now that can only be because Apple have stopped them so they can sell their unlocked ones before people know the price of the subsidised contract phones. Seems UK contract buyers will not know until the release day how much they will be paying!

There is no preordering except from Apple and they are not releasing subsidised handset price.

Really glad I am just banking on the iOS4 for now!

Brendan

From a UK point of view my biggest complaint would be that the launch has been a complete shambles. The only way you can get one at the minute is direct from apple either full price for unlocked or without knowing the price before you buy if you want a contract.

Not that I do but none of the 5 UK suppliers have given their handset prices to go with their contract. I believe now that can only be because Apple have stopped them so they can sell their unlocked ones before people know the price of the subsidised contract phones. Seems UK contract buyers will not know until the release day how much they will be paying!

There is no preordering except from Apple and they are not releasing subsidised handset price.

Really glad I am just banking on the iOS4 for now!

Brendan

i think uk voda and others lik eorange have prices, i know voda does i think 308 i saw on a post here? cheapest that is i am happy this time wqith uk apple they finally sell it unlocked :D!!!!!

i think uk voda and others lik eorange have prices, i know voda does i think 308 i saw on a post here? cheapest that is i am happy this time wqith uk apple they finally sell it unlocked :D!!!!!

Well finally one of the providers has supplied the details, some of the others have released plan prices but that is the first time I have seen the handset costs after just going on Vodafone site.

Still been a bit of a shambles though, I do know that now the UK providers are now capping data I will now have to save up and buy direct from Apple so no contract but for others including O2 the biggest iphone provider they still don't know the cost.

Thanks though.

Well finally one of the providers has supplied the details, some of the others have released plan prices but that is the first time I have seen the handset costs after just going on Vodafone site.

Still been a bit of a shambles though, I do know that now the UK providers are now capping data I will now have to save up and buy direct from Apple so no contract but for others including O2 the biggest iphone provider they still don't know the cost.

Thanks though.

:)

i dont now what provider you use but i agree i was trying for days to contact carriers such as voda and orange and o2, no one could tell me anything and even up until pre order day apple calll centre told me its not factory unlocked, they leave it all until the last second to tell you prices.

im sure other carriers have prices up by now if voda does, i would not have known if some one did not post it here.

what carrier are you getting it with? or getting it unlocked?

oh yes and i did the chat thing with vodafone staff the lady told me voda will get it after the 24th but could not tell me exactly when

So far having checked the other providers vodafone is the only one to break their silence. I will not be getting it as have 12 months to run on my 3GS contract.

Mind you as my provider O2 is now ending new unlimited data contracts it does give me a year to save up for the next model and buy it outright and put my original unlimited data sim in.

Regards, Brendan.

P.s and thanks for the heads up about vodafone.