What's new

Apple You Have To Be Kidding About Bumpers and Iphone 4 Stand!

Yes it was a strange machine but it was the only gig in town. also we were using slide rulers. I still have mine in a red box in the office. It is hanging on the wall and has a glass front with the wording on it that says. "In Case Of CPU Meltdown, Break Glass And Use" . Miss using the paper punch tape on the teletype. Used to store my playboy pinup calendars on the paper tape storage. The rave of that day was to have a print-out of periods on the teletype printer that was composed of dot and mad an outline of a pinup girl. (Sorry Ladies They Did Not Have Male Pin-Ups in that format in those days)

i was barely alive then, and did not start using pcs until windows 95 or was it windows 3.11? i forget but what made you go with apple and not windows machines?

I started using a computer in secondary school in 1975. Then built my first Sinclair computer in 1980. After that I had a Radio Shack Trs 80 Model 100 and the Radio Shack portable which ran a program called GeoWorks. It was an Icon based program and was brilliant. It was a great DOS interface that was better than pre-windows.(if you google this name I think you will be suprised who was the designer). I bought a apricot computer which had a graphic icon interface and then Apple. Which I purchased under the university student program. I am what was called in those days an original hacker (One of the Ancients) who has pretty much seen them all. I have attached a few of the computers I used over the years ands still have.

Phantom

Attachments

• $sinclairzx81.jpg
    $sinclairzx81.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 97
  • $TRS-80 model 100.jpg
    $TRS-80 model 100.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 74
  • $Radio Shack Portable.jpg
    $Radio Shack Portable.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 86
  • $Apricot-Portable-computer-1984.jpg