What's new

Wtf

jordanq712

Reaction score
My iPhone at the most is 3 months old and my touch screen is fucked up, I can hold my finger literally half a centimeter away from the screen over the M key and it will select it, same thing for the I and the RETURN button. Even if I hit the backspace button it still reads the M key and selects it! When I scroll with my finger on the right side it is also real gittery, like the page starts to shake. I busted my screen the second I had it (FML) and Then went to the Verizon store to get insurance but they denied it cause it was already cracked, so now insurance isn't an option and idk apple will replace the phone since they have on record that it had a broken screen and I tried to get a new phone but I don't know that for sure since I have no clue how they go about that and if you know please tell me cause 600 bucks for a new phone is a little much and insurance isn't an option

take it to apple store, if you have a jailbreak on it, restore the iOS with itunes and take to to the apple store.

You mean like the apple authority store?? And is It possible it could just be a software issue because it has just started doing this and it's slowly getting worse

Oh yeah and since apple wouldn't replace my screen a cell phone repair place did it so will they still replace my phone without me having to pay a whole 600 for a new one??

Oh yeah and since apple wouldn't replace my screen a cell phone repair place did it so will they still replace my phone without me having to pay a whole 600 for a new one??

No, you will have to pay for the repair since some one else has already opened the phone. Actually your warranty is of no use I think if you still have one. But I suggest you go to apple because at least you will have your device back working well even though you are going to pay some $ and I don't think that they will charge you $600 that's the price of a new iPhone 4.

bab2010 said:
No, you will have to pay for the repair since some one else has already opened the phone. Actually your warranty is of no use I think if you still have one. But I suggest you go to apple because at least you will have your device back working well even though you are going to pay some $ and I don't think that they will charge you $600 that's the price of a new iPhone 4.

Will they even be able to tell if I do a mail in repair since the new screen looks just like the stock one except it doesn't have a screen over the ear whole

bab2010 said:
take it to apple store, if you have a jailbreak on it, restore the iOS with itunes and take to to the apple store.

I don't think there is any around where I live