What's new

Iphone 5 screen issues

AaronW

Reaction score
The last week or so I've been having quite a bit of trouble with my iPhone 5. First my lock button no longer works, so I have to wait for a minute every time I use my phone for it to lock, which becomes incredibly annoying.

Also, I think a touch sensor or something might be playing on with my screen as when I try to either write text messages, emails, or facebook messages, half of the time when I press the space bar button, it chooses to add a full-stop, followed by a space. Then when I decide to backspace, occasionally, it will lock on the backspace button and delete half of my message. :/ I also have trouble with presses certain keys at times. For instance, say I try and type "Aaron. It will lock on the 'r' and type "Aarrron" instead.

Does anyone know what might be causing any of these problems, or what is wrong with my phone, and how I might be able to fix it???

Any information would be greatly appreciated as my phone is driving me mental at the moment.

Regards,
Aaron.

I've since been playing around with my phone and solved the lock issue. Simply follow these steps if you have the same problem. Settings>General>Accessibility>AssistiveTouch, then turn AssistiveTouch on. A square with a red dot will now be on your screen. Simply press it, then press 'device', and finally press 'lock screen'. Also, to turn off the iPhone, simply hold the 'lock screen' button.

Hopefully this helps someone. :)