What's new

How to have missed calls notifications shown on the locked screen?

joannn

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got the 3G iphone with the latest software installed.
I don't know how to set the notifications of missed calls on the locked screen.
I don't want to slide the screen every time I want to check if someone called me.
I'd like to only press the button and be able to see the notifications on the locked screen.

I'm new to iphone and I'm surprised such a thing is not automatic as it was on my old standard phones.

Could you pls kindly guide me on how to set these notifications on the locked screen?

Thank you very much,

Joannn

In your Settings app, navigate to the Notifications tab and press that line to get to its settings. Scroll down the list until you find the line for "Phone." press that line to open another tab where you will have all the options for phone notifications. One of the options (at the very bottom) is the one to view notifications in the Lock Screen. Ensure that button is turned ON and then you should see them when you turn on your phone.

Marilyn

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and detailed instructions! I've got it now:)

Hi,
I'm writing again as I think I identified the issue I had.
I set all notifications 'on' in the Settings as you suggested and the notifications do show up on the Lock Screen but only when the phone call is made when there's already the Lock Screen 'on'. I tested it now, and I noticed that the notifications are still missing from the Lock Screen if the phone call comes in when the Home Screen is on and before '1 minute' Auto-Lock takes place.

I think it happened to me recently when I must have left the room before 1 minute auto-lock got turned on. And, ironically, someone called me during that one minute. So as a result when I got back to the room after a while I couldn't see any missed calls in the Lock Screen.

As I go to the Auto-Lock setting the shortest auto-lock is 1 minute so I understand that I can't make it shorter and need to slide to the home screen when I come back to the room to ensure noone called me in that 1 minute of auto-locking.

Thanks again,

Joannn

Yeah, you won't get Lockscreen notifications if the phone isn't locked when a call comes in (and you miss it). However, in that same area where you set the lockscreen notification, you can make it so the missed call notification shows up in your Notification Center (the pulldown thing). Then, you won't have to scroll to see if you've missed a call - you can just check there.

My only other suggestion, if you are concerned about missing a call, is to always press the Sleep button (top one) to lock your phone if you aren't going to be right next to it. Then, you won't have to worry about something coming in during that minute it takes for the phone to lock (and you aren't there).

Marilyn

Wow! Thank you a lot for the advice!!! I didn't know that. I'll apply it; it's so useful:)

Thank you!!!

Joannn