What's new

iphone 4s lock screen notifications question

ryderfan81

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question about the lock screen notifications on the 4s. Is there any way to get the notifications on the lock screen, but, not have then pop up when they come in. What I want is to make it so no one sees my messages pop up when they come in, keep the screen black, but when I hit the home button I can see all the new notifications. I can't seem to get this figured out, and I'm not sure it is possible.

Thanks in advance everyone, and please ask questions if I'm not making sense! haha

the closest one which you can get is to go to setting> notification> messages> view in lock screen OFF/
This will prevent you or others to see the message in the lock screen until you actually unlock the device and open your message app.
or turn off preview in setting> notification > message> show preview OFF/ this will display on your lock screen that you have a message, also will display the name of the sender, but there will not be any preview of the message on your lock screen.

Thanks Bab2010,

Is there any way to get the notification center to display on the lockscreen?

or is there an app to display messages on the lock screen without having them pop up for everyone to see??

I'm sure there is, but then you will have to jailbreak first.